• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

On 18/11/2015, 07:12:36, Lindeman said:

The 2015 silver Libertad proofs - 2 and 5 oz. Always stunning coins, such detail.  

Then a big piece of joy today when visiting a San Francisco coin shop : a  characterful 1909 St Gaudens gold $20. It was that or a 2009 gold US 1 ounce image.thumb.jpg.295a8246381f0315af4c3b2fimage.thumb.jpg.d19cf8712ebe3e5397b0ee71image.thumb.jpg.4528609a9f6c11db6cad346fimage.thumb.jpg.57bd785b94d70041a1470e55Eagle , so the choice was obvious - even if it did cost an extra $200 to land the St Gaudens! 

In God we trust, but don't slab it mate the rim is damaged above the F. I like the coin and think the slight mark on a 100 plus year old coin is fine but the slab companies take a dim view.  IMO Its a nice coin! I like the Libertads too. 

On 11/18/2015, 7:12:36, Lindeman said:

The 2015 silver Libertad proofs - 2 and 5 oz. Always stunning coins, such detail.  

Then a big piece of joy today when visiting a San Francisco coin shop : a  characterful 1909 St Gaudens gold $20. It was that or a 2009 gold US 1 ounce image.thumb.jpg.295a8246381f0315af4c3b2fimage.thumb.jpg.d19cf8712ebe3e5397b0ee71

I've only got the 1oz  Libertads in my collection, now these images have me thinking they need bigger Sisters.

Today I received a bullion grade 1979 Krugerrand and it was bullion grade too.  It has a big scratch and damage to the rim in 2 places it also has small scratches in various places around the coin.  I bought it as bullion so there we have it, I will not send it back to HGM as I got what I paid for.

I also received another Pamp 2.5g pendant from UKBullion, this was bought because I bought one in Madstacks auction the other week for my youngest daughter and as anyone of you who knows if you have more than one daughter what one gets the other has to have, to keep the peace. 

P1010353.JPG

Edited by Pipers

36 minutes ago, barney said:

Whats the mint mark Silver Pirate? 1920 sovereigns were only minted in three places Melbourne and Sydney are very rare and then there is perth wich is common

My eyes are bad, and i have not got a loop,but it has two letters i think the second letter is a P but i can not be sure.Thanks for the tip. 

I think it's a Perth, looks like there might be a p above the date.

Edited by SilverPirate
More information.

Whats the mint mark Silver Pirate? 1920 sovereigns were only minted in three places Melbourne and Sydney are very rare and then there is perth wich is common

My eyes are bad, and i have not got a loop,but it has two letters i think the second letter is a P but i can not be sure.Thanks for the tip. 

I think it's a Perth, looks like there might be a p above the date.

That's a shame.

Glad it's in good condition for you though.

Stacker since 2013

Saw a 1/4 Britannia on HGM so thought I'd buy it and have them hold it to see if anything else comes along within the next week or 2.  I emailed Zoe to let her know but either she didn't receive my email or there has been a mistake/oversight somewhere and they posted out the coin.  It has meant I have paid ~3.5% premium just for the postage.  Can't grumble too much.  It came loose but aside from a finger print, it was in good nick  A little washing up liquid to remove the grease and a capsule and all is good.

2015-11-20 12.28.03.jpg

18 hours ago, Danny-boy said:

That's a shame.

Glad it's in good condition for you though.

If there is two letters then that could be the designers initials and not the mint mark. If you want to take a photo of reasonable quality and I'm sure that someone here can give you a definitive answer to where it was minted. 

Pootled along to the auction office and picked up the 1982/3 Libertad Proof Set. The chaps there were very friendly and even gave me a high quality loupe as a present :)

There is a small red dot on the lady but having used the loupe, I can say that it is on the plastic covering outside and not on the coin. Also, because the plastic covering is quite thin and "fluid", the light shines at varying degrees and, well, anyway, that is my excuse :) I was pleased to see the circular gold OM still clinging to the top of the box lid. that was a real bonus and all the coins are in original nick without having been removed from the one piece plastic casing that sits over the velvet underlay (with the correct sized indentures if you wish to break the plastic casing and lay them out in their respective slots.

IMG_1510 copy.jpg

IMG_1511 copy.jpg

IMG_1512 copy.jpg

IMG_1514 copy.jpg

IMG_1507 copy.jpg

IMG_1515 copy.jpg

Today I received a 1/4oz gold American Eagle from Atkinsons. It's a nice looking coin in lovely condition so I may keep an eye out for more of these.

For a moment I thought Atkinsons had given me a free Mexican 50 peso gold coin but alas it turned out to be made of chocolate. Still reasonably pleased with that, though.

WP_20151120_16_10_12_Pro.jpg

WP_20151120_16_11_23_Pro.jpg

Edited by SilvergunSuperman

3 hours ago, StackemHigh said:

If there is two letters then that could be the designers initials and not the mint mark. If you want to take a photo of reasonable quality and I'm sure that someone here can give you a definitive answer to where it was minted. 

My phone camera and camera are not up to much, i need to get a loop.

Any recommendations for a cheap/reasonably priced loop or is any off E-bay just as good?

On 19 November 2015 12:55:25, Pipers said:

In God we trust, but don't slab it mate the rim is damaged above the F. I like the coin and think the slight mark on a 100 plus year old coin is fine but the slab companies take a dim view.  IMO Its a nice coin! I like the Libertads too. 

Yup - I saw that chunk out of the rim, and this coin certainly has some stories to tell, at least that's what it think when I see a coin from 1909. I bought it in a very cool shop called Oxbridge Coins (Van Ness and Market, for anyone visiting San Fran) and I can tell you I don't care what the slabbers say! I have never slabbed anything, apart from paths in my garden:P  and I am not oing to start now! Another thing (now that I am on the topic!) is that you lose the beauty of the rim details - of which there are plenty on this coin. Fascinating history around Roosevelt and St Gaudens as well - but that is well off topic!! Glad you liked it Pipers. 

Received this the other day. The latest in the Forgotten Cities series, Angkor in Cambodia.

Don't know what happened with the colour, must be the room lights, can't be bothered to correct it, you can see it well enough, it's silver.

Ankhor.thumb.JPG.1cb9e620ef67d43d60eeec3Ankhor1.thumb.JPG.ea39ff84f8f7708670a7e0

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 8:16:58, Pipers said:

Today I received a bullion grade 1979 Krugerrand and it was bullion grade too.  It has a big scratch and damage to the rim in 2 places it also has small scratches in various places around the coin.  I bought it as bullion so there we have it, I will not send it back to HGM as I got what I paid for.

I also received another Pamp 2.5g pendant from UKBullion, this was bought because I bought one in Madstacks auction the other week for my youngest daughter and as anyone of you who knows if you have more than one daughter what one gets the other has to have, to keep the peace.

P1010353.JPG

I have 2 daughters also. I can definitely relate! I heard some grief when I bought the older one a car, even though the younger one wasn't old enough to drive yet lol