• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

16 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

They'll say send it back to them so they can check it out.

It might be better to visit a local jewellers or if you know anybody nearby with other scales or a bullion tester.

Shouldn't they have checked it out before they sent it?

8 hours ago, garthy said:

Thanks Steve, the scales seem fine, the 1900 Sov weighs 7.98, I also have a 2015 one which weighs 7.99, not sure what to make of the Isle of man one, looks ok but the weight doesn't lie, I think I'll have to send Atkinsons a message to see what they have to say. 

your scales look to be reading very slightly high but not enough to account for 8.07 which is definitely too much.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 hours ago, MCJ said:

Shouldn't they have checked it out before they sent it?

Even if one assumes they have a XRF analyser, it will probably depend on how many gold coins they process daily as to whether they will check them all. After all, each test costs money and time.

I know Chards have one but I doubt they will check them all routinely as I've heard Lawrence say they can process up to 1000 sovs in a day. They probably just check any that look suspect but there again, they have a lot of experience doing this.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

16 hours ago, Dune69 said:

I bought a half sov from hgm a while back and when it came through it was a isle of man half sov and that was over 4 grams

Interesting to hear that Dune, Visually the size is exactly the same as the 2015 sov, the coin itself looks legit, maybe the Isle of man Sovs weigh in a little heavier, I hope so anyway. 

Received the Lunars. 1/4 oz gold each. More than pleased - very nice coins. All the original boxes, certs and everything in mint condition. Haven´t really decided if I´ll keep these or try and sell somewhere. The rooster may go, but the Mouse might stay for a while - just too pretty to let go yet.

5640b1c20a1a7_2015-11-0916.19.04.thumb.j

5640b1cfe439d_2015-11-0916.21.22.thumb.j

5640b1d7a73ad_2015-11-0916.22.20.thumb.j

6 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

I've got my '20 for 20' coins or should I say my '20 for 12.95' coins.

They are out of the packing and loose in bags.

@Avlisdid you get the 100s?

Hi HH no I didn't get the 100s . I was really tempted a no brainier I suppose but I have other priorities at the moment   Was just window shopping and saw those bargains and first thought was to alert everyone on here  .just pleased you managed to get some

I was trying to get them just before you posted so someone who is not a SF member may have grabbed them.

I may get this gold slabbed and graded by Willy Wonka.

IMG_3145.thumb.JPG.802cf1f883001e6125c65e144a9ade09.JPG

Minimum of 5 coins for chocolate tier and +$3 for return of wrappers..

A thank you to KevinG for showing me where I could get a Kazakhstan 1/10th Golden Irbis and while I was at it, I also purchased a 1/10th Silk Road as well.

Kazakhstan.jpg

Silver from EMK turned up today as well.  For some reason I was still missing the 2013 RAM Roo so picked one up on offer.  It's just the capsule version but I only have a handful of carded Roos so doesn't make any difference to me.  I'll be taking all of them out of the cards to store with the rest of the sets.

The Hippo has transferred well from the artist's impression/sketch.

2015-11-10 12.05.23.jpg

50 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

You guys didn't miss much on the HGM $10 eagle.

It has been cleaned and polished unfortunately.

That's a shame

50 minutes ago, Numistacker said: You guys didn't miss much on the HGM $10 eagle.

It has been cleaned and polished unfortunately.

That's a shame

I can't really grade it I know it would be details graded. I think when I get back from China end of the month I will sell it here or eBay to someone who likes bullion ))

The 2013 "Brilliant Uncirculated" arrived today. It looks like a proof that has been badly handled and scuffed. Don't people understand that you never touch a proof !!!!! That's why they are in capsules...

i paid £205 so will clean it up and slab it as it has a value of anything up to £250 I think so happy to invest £12 grading it. 

With fairy liquid it may even improve slightly.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Picked up a $2.50 Indian head

image.thumb.jpeg.9c78acc41ec0617a0f33406d8bc89f53.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.561adcf85d62c865a22e370169d29b5b.jpeg

It came with a receipt from a dealer in Hanover square for £449 !! I think I paid £189 but the poor guy in Sunderland who bought and then sold to another dealer for probably £120 or so got done like a kipper.

3 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

@garthy Any updates on this?

Not yet HH, it measures up ok, looks ok but then again I don't have another to compare it too, there's a stamp/coin shop over the road from where I'm working, I'll take it in there tomorrow to see what they think, I'll let you know...