• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

50 minutes ago, morezone said:

Couple of 1/4 Isle Man Angels.  At 22k and 22mm they feel quite chunky compared to other 1/4oz coins.  They were covered in some stuff so had to give them a clean.

Padded the order with a half sov and got an Edward.  Beats getting a George or QE2.

2015-11-05 11.36.10.jpg

Out of interest, as mine haven't arrived yet, how did you clean them? I'm assuming mine will also need a spruce up.

4 minutes ago, MCJ said:

Out of interest, as mine haven't arrived yet, how did you clean them? I'm assuming mine will also need a spruce up.

Tried warm water and washing up liquid but I couldn't get it all off.  Ended up using silver polish and a soft microfibre cloth and then rising with washing up liquid and warm water.

11 minutes ago, morezone said:

Tried warm water and washing up liquid but I couldn't get it all off.  Ended up using silver polish and a soft microfibre cloth and then rising with washing up liquid and warm water.

Ta everso

They look very nice.

Arrived past couple of days:

100g Metalor bars (though eight might need replacing due to the way they were packaged).
Box of silver 1oz PAMP Suisse 'Lady Fortuna' bars.
4x  50g silver PAMP bars
~  100g silver PAMP bars
~  5oz silver PAMP bars

Can you see a trend here?   lol

55 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

That's about its money if you have no box cert or original capsule.

That's good to know.

52 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I bid 200 for that one )) sorry as you would have got it for 190

Not to worry, although I thought I was on for a proper bargain for a while!

1 hour ago, DRooster said:

Those IOM angels are freaky looking characters Morezone!

They are somewhat. But i guess if you're an angel with a predisposition for slaying dragons, you're going to be a tad more macho looking than your run of the mill sugar coated Hollywood depiction of an angel.

2 hours ago, Panicbuying said:

They were about GBP 120 each, that's towards the lower end of GBP/oz in my stack, so quite happy with the purchase.

That's a good rate for bars, where did you acquire those if you don't mind the question?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Should be exactly the same as a British sovereign. Do you have a proof sovereign to compare it with?

That 1900 one is in pretty good nick and should weigh in at a tad less than 7.98

I've never seen one above 8g that has been weighed on accurate scales.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

A 2014 1/4 oz gold Britannia from BBP and a 22.2 gram silver proof French lunar monkey from France.

The Britannia was from the best value section where you could either get a 22ct or 24ct. Took a gamble and got my 24ct. This saved over £20 compared to requesting a 2014 coin, result.

image.jpg

2 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Should be exactly the same as a British sovereign. Do you have a proof sovereign to compare it with?

That 1900 one is in pretty good nick and should weigh in at a tad less than 7.98

I've never seen one above 8g that has been weighed on accurate scales.

Thanks Steve, the scales seem fine, the 1900 Sov weighs 7.98, I also have a 2015 one which weighs 7.99, not sure what to make of the Isle of man one, looks ok but the weight doesn't lie, I think I'll have to send Atkinsons a message to see what they have to say. 

6 hours ago, garthy said:

Took a gamble with this Sovereign off ebay, £175 delivered but looks good. 

Not so sure about this Isle of man Sov from atkinsons, seems a little heavy for my liking, anyone know if this is normal for this coin?

20151107_110149.jpg

1446895659403-634719520.jpg

I bought a half sov from hgm a while back and when it came through it was a isle of man half sov and that was over 4 grams

Edited by Dune69

1 hour ago, garthy said:

Thanks Steve, the scales seem fine, the 1900 Sov weighs 7.98, I also have a 2015 one which weighs 7.99, not sure what to make of the Isle of man one, looks ok but the weight doesn't lie, I think I'll have to send Atkinsons a message to see what they have to say. 

They'll say send it back to them so they can check it out.

It might be better to visit a local jewellers or if you know anybody nearby with other scales or a bullion tester.