• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed rhodium 1/2 oz

8phwt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no paypal buddy :( I'd be selling to a worldwide audience if I could!

My selling price is tracking spot price, it goes up and down ;) ... so does the exchange rate. Its quite fun to watch the dollar dropping and the metals rising. for all the flux in the market, my price is pretty much exactly the same as it was 3 months ago once you take the USD to GBP exchange rate into account.

Baird and co. today ... set you back £943.50

£627.96. Mines a good price :)

5 minutes ago, 8phwt said:

whats not to like :) its a great word!

no bank account, no paypal. We're a dying breed we simple non digitised cash folk. We bump along in life, and we get there :)

How did you manage to buy it in the first place?

When  you buy from Bairds you pay a deposit by debit card and the remaining balance must be paid by bank transfer,

yes sure. But this is a cash sale, i do appeciate the interest, and I'm sorry its probably only viable for a tiny tiny number of people who visit this forum who might like to purchase. And lots of people who wouldn't but have enjoyed commenting! It will sell to someone relatively local in time. I'm grateful that forums like this exist. Collectively, you've a good bunch with a good sense of humour!

I will buy you a pint when you sell this lump of PC. To claim your free pint you will have to make your way to the Shetland isles, look me in the eye and do the salsa.

All in jest mate, God luck with the sale , I think it's a hard sell however. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

• 2 weeks later...

money to be made in the nostalgia market though :) I do a lot of Dr Who memorabilia, insane mark-ups available, although you have to smile through a lot of online elbows from other Dr Dealers…

Rhodium's nostalgia numbers comparing today with october, USD spot has increased from $1650 to $1850, after USD to GBP currency fluctuations we've got a £5 price drop in GBP and a £23 increase in the dealer's premium.

19 hours ago, Paul said:

Give Baird a call @8phwt  - they offer very high buy back rates

yes, i think i saw in one of your posts you'd done business with them.
I contacted them before posting; they offered the standard couple of % below spot.
No pressure atm so happy holding for the extra few %, cash and collect.

And 2018 will be an interesting year for Rhodium I think. Nostalgia aside... today...
China, new legislation enacted for an increase in vehicle emission standards. Result higher rhodium loadings required for 3way gasoline catalyst systems in the world's largest growing automobile market.
South Africa, world's primary rhodium producer, suffering from severe water shortages. If this weather pattern continues, and things don't get better could this pressure negatively affect businesses / production?  

thanks @Paul appreciate the constructive response.
and we'll see… who knows :) and I'm sure at some future date I'll go back to b&c again for buying or selling.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived