• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 China Moon Panda Silver Medal

morezone

The 2017 Moon Panda is available for pre-order from MCM

The price seemed expensive so I did a forum search because I couldn't remember the prices but the GEM capsule was $49.95 last year and $99 this year.  GEM slabbed $69.95 and now $129.  PF70 $99.95 last year and this year $149.  Twice the price of last year and also double the mintage.  They’re having a laugh.

I won't be bothering this year.

Here's the spiel:

Why buy this 2017 China 1 oz. Proof Moon Festival Silver Panda Hologram Medal?

This Proof 2017 China 1 oz. Moon Festival Silver Panda Hologram Medal is a great choice for collectors who are looking for a unique addition to their Panda collections. This medal comes from the second year of issue of the Moon Panda, but it is the first time that the series features a special holographic effect. It was issued to celebrate the Moon Festival, a major Chinese holiday. Struck from .999 fine silver at the Shenzhen Guobao China Mint, the medal is part of a limited mintage of just 10,000 pieces.

Stunning Moon Panda Design

On the medal's obverse is what may be the world's most recognizable landmark, the Great Wall of China. The unique view puts the holder on the wall, looking up as it rises to a mountain peak. Above the wall is a model of a Huntianyi, or ancient Chinese armillary sphere. "Great Wall of China" is inscribed in Chinese characters at the top, while "2017" is inscribed at the bottom.

On the reverse is a unique Moon Panda design. A panda stands by a body of water under a full moon. Rim inscriptions in English offer the medal's weight and purity, as well as the words "MOON FESTIVAL," while an inscription in Chinese characters translates to "Full moon and full blossom, perfect bliss on Moon Festival."

When this coin ships to you, it will come with a certificate of authenticity from the Shenzhen Guobao China Mint and a special Moon Panda story card!

Don't miss your chance to own this 1 oz. Proof 2017 China Moon Festival Silver Panda Hologram Medal.

Screenshot 2017-10-23 20.26.14.png

So I guess this time is MCM’s turn to be the sole supplier outside China? If that’s the case I wonder what’s wrong with mints with these sole supplier thing now... Before this it was PM with APMEX on the Proof swans

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

6 hours ago, PolarPanda said:

It can't be that popular given the fact that even the 2016 versions with lower mintage are still perfectly available at MCM.

They're not going to be massively popular because they're medals but the standard version is now $30 (60%) more than issue and the PF70 is $80 (80%).  They should be down to their last batch now since I don't think they've put them up for sale on GovMint for sometime.

Double the price at double the mintage is ridiculous though.

3 hours ago, Agpanda said:

I wont get any, thats for sure

Dont like the hologram at all

I like the hologram ?it's different but I think they should of made the boarder thinner and enlarged the panda and moon..I will give this one a miss too only because of the price.

On 10/24/2017 at 03:50, HyHy said:

So I guess this time is MCM’s turn to be the sole supplier outside China? If that’s the case I wonder what’s wrong with mints with these sole supplier thing now... Before this it was PM with APMEX on the Proof swans

These medals are made by Mcm. They contracted a Chinese mint to strike these, they are not officially Chinese mint products per say but a custom minted round for a private company. 

Archived