• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Should I return this 2018 Lunar Dog to dealer?

LaviciCoins

Hi everyone! 

I have collected ancient coins for years now but I'm new to modern coin collecting. I purchased this 2018 Lunar year of the dog a few days ago from a UK dealer and it arrived with this weird yellow staining in the top right? Should I return it immediately?

Cheers, Tom! :)

IMG_4218.JPG

3 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Considering it's bullion you may have a problem sending it back, but a good dealer would swap it out for a replacement, not sure what the yellow is exactly

It's very strange, it's not on the plastic casing and is definitely on the coin. Wonder what it could be.. :blink:

1 minute ago, SilverB said:

Just out of curiosity, where did you get it from?

I've only been collecting for a year or so myself but none of the lunar coins I've ordered have had a mark like that.

Hi SilverB

www.thegoldbullion.co.uk ,  I got two other silvers from them that were perfect. Very strange the Lunar dog has the yellow marking =o

18 minutes ago, SilverB said:

It looks like something has been spilled onto the coin or rubbed up against it rather than something stamped in to me... 

Just to confirm it came encapsulated and hasn't been removed from the capsule since?

Yes that's correct, I haven't touched it since it arrived =o

Just now, LaviciCoins said:

It seems like a stain within the coin, almost like a very pale gold, lol

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it, it's a piece of bullion with a particularly bad design, but that's just my opinion. Not sure if it's worth the hassle sending it back. If you like the design, buy the proof:) but bear in mind there's a reasonable chance it would spot.:(

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

20 hours ago, LaviciCoins said:

It seems like a stain within the coin, almost like a very pale gold, lol

Hi LaviciCoins......did you contact them in the end? I’d be very interested in how they explain the stain and if, indeed, they replace it. You expect an excellent coin and surely that means one that is not blemished or tarnished in any way.....

Archived