• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A newbie from the hills of Wales!

Gedmunds

Just wanted to say hello! Started stacking about a month ago and just looking to ease my way in and learn as much as I can! 

Found this forum through a couple of really good youtube channels - shadow stacker and Stacker noob 

And I couldn't resist ordering the 100g Backyard bullion bar to add to my fledgling stack below....

Cheers everyone!

20170921_155253.jpg

1 minute ago, Argentknight said:

Hi! Welcome to the forum - I'm from Abergavenny. Not quite the hills, but we do have Mount Skirrid and Sugar Loaf nearby. Looks like you're making a good start to your collection.

Thanks Argentknight! I'm just up the A465 in Ebbw! 

Hi and welcome, I will give you 2 large leeks and a Gary Owen for your precious metals, what you say? There's lovely!

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/10/2017 at 10:04, Lea79 said:

Hello and welcome to the forum ?.  I’m from Swansea.  Not quite the valleys but not too far away.  Nice stack. Are you focusing more on silver or gold? 

Hey Lea79! Trying to bulk up on silver atm but I would like a little gold... I'm thinking the 1/4 oz queens beasts! How about you? 

Hey gedmunds ?

I started on silver, then got swayed by gold.  I’ve got a pretty diversed stack.  Mostly sovs and francs.  The alternative design sovs are always a good by.  A little pricey but worth it.

I am yet to acquire any queens beasts but they seem to be very popular amongst forum members. Nxt on my hit list is either a 2005 proof Aussie sov as chards have them for nearly bullion price, or an Albert 1st Belgium 20 franc as it has a limited mintage and is a nice piece of history. 

Is it mostly modern bullion your interested in? 

5 hours ago, Lea79 said:

Hey gedmunds ?

I started on silver, then got swayed by gold.  I’ve got a pretty diversed stack.  Mostly sovs and francs.  The alternative design sovs are always a good by.  A little pricey but worth it.

I am yet to acquire any queens beasts but they seem to be very popular amongst forum members. Nxt on my hit list is either a 2005 proof Aussie sov as chards have them for nearly bullion price, or an Albert 1st Belgium 20 franc as it has a limited mintage and is a nice piece of history. 

Is it mostly modern bullion your interested in? 

Ah nice! All modern bullion so far. I really like the qb designs and I love the Chiwoo coins! I don't see the point in silver proofs or slabs because of the huge premium and the ever present risk of milk spots (although I did pay a hefty premium for the 2016 chiwoo!) 

The sovs look really cool and there's a huge variety but I know absolutely nothing about them or where to even begin!! I think I could be easily swayed if I started to learn! Know of any good ready material? 

Thanks Lea79!

Archived