• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Rwanda Lunar and Ships series

andyman

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, shortstack68 said:

Didn't Apmex get a big allocation of the Swans? Sounded fishy to me when Apmex got so may of the swans too ;) Made in Germany, so of course German dealers are going to get the largest slice of the cake

Didn't you say one dealer got 40/100 bu gold?

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

Didn't Apmex get a big allocation of the Swans? Sounded fishy to me when Apmex got so may of the swans too ;) Made in Germany, so of course German dealers are going to get the largest slice of the cake

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

How do you know they are made in Germany?

29 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I'm not sure America are getting many of these, as with the Rwanda Rooster, 40 out of 100 went to a German dealer

Screenshot 2017-09-07 01.40.22.png

You seem to be pretty switched on with these shortstack.  When will we see the lunar dog released?  I'll be interested to see what it looks like and try and get a silver one and maybe even a gold one if I can get in quick enough

The rooster is super nice so I hope whoever they are that they continue the series well

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Yeah the mosaic style is awesome so it's good to hear that.  If you know the mint then I guess you must have been sworn to secrecy.  hahaha fair enough if that's what they want to keep a bit of mystique about the origin.  Which dealers will be getting them?  I know that munzdachs sells them and also gs.be but they arrived and were sold out between the two times I checked them and that was only a few days apart.

Good plan.  Just looked at JMbullion website and they clearly state that the manufacturer is the Mayer Mint for the Rwanda coins.  Not sure but you would imagine they would just not quote it if they weren't 100% sure.  Maybe they changed half way through or something but I very much doubt that.  Just noted that they don't sell the rooster at the moment so cant tell if it is the same mint or not.

Someone said there are pre release photos out on the year of the dog. True shortstack?

3 minutes ago, silversky said:

Good plan.  Just looked at JMbullion website and they clearly state that the manufacturer is the Mayer Mint for the Rwanda coins.  It might actually be a breach of sales rules to state wrongly where it is manufactured.  Who knows.  Not sure about that but you would imagine they would just not quote it if they weren't 100% sure.  Maybe they changed half way through or something but I very much doubt that.

The Mayer Mint would be correct.

3 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

No not true, all you see is the same REV as the rooster, but no dog image, it just states picture to follow for the dog side. This dealer is hedging his bets and has had 26 of them listed I pre sale for a silly price of which he has sold 2 in 2 weeks. They will be cheaper than his price by a good couple of hundred euros. Attached is the email I received from Bernhardt Mayer

IMG_0772.PNG

What is he asking for the dogs? 1750 Euro? I think they can be bought for 1425 Euro shortly.

Just seen that the silver African wildlife is made by LEV but the gold one is made by Bavarian State mint.  So different mint between the gold and silver of that series.  Probably one or both of these mints making the lunar series.

Do you really think, that the dog is much cheaper than the 1750€ from Kettner? I think nearly everywhere they are released everywhere over 1550-1600€ after the success of the rooster:huh::D

Kettner sold almost nearly 30 pieces for 1750€, every other dealer will be stupid if he´ll sell it much cheaper i think...

Let´s see when the other dealer will sell it:rolleyes:

Sorry for my english, i hope you will understand it :D 

6 hours ago, Adriankra said:

Do you really think, that the dog is much cheaper than the 1750€ from Kettner? I think nearly everywhere they are released everywhere over 1550-1600€ after the success of the rooster:huh::D

Kettner sold almost nearly 30 pieces for 1750€, every other dealer will be stupid if he´ll sell it much cheaper i think...

Let´s see when the other dealer will sell it:rolleyes:

Sorry for my english, i hope you will understand it :D 

The mint is minting 188 bu gold coins. Almost double the 100 roosters. That should keep the price down. 

Archived