• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Eldorado

Martlet

4 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

eBay completed listings suggests they're typically going for about £200 some ten or twenty below that, some ten or twenty over.

Thats right. I saw a couple of BIN listings up in the 220's. And coininvest and gs,be both want £220 too. Either way this is a steal in my eyes. I regretted not getting the 10 oz set and never thought id bother because of the premiums but this has given me the chance to redeem myself. Over the moon.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, swAgger said:

Will be glad to hear back on your own experiences @StackerNoob & @PansPurse. I don't have any agenda recommending them, just that i found them very good for what i am looking for, too. Because, i don't always want or need to buy larger quantities. But with shipping costs you feel sometimes you can't get value for your coins unless you do. So i end up rolling over a few months worth of "wants" elsewhere, and then ordering. Sometimes i do just want 2 or 3 of this coin plus 4 or 5 of another, and maybe a pack of spare capsules. Without the shipping being the equivalent of another 1oz coin.

Worth noting, they also send you tracking details. With Deutsche Post. I noted it did go into that usual blackout period while packages go through the national-carriers sorting centres, both in Germany and Ireland, but it did pop out the other end on the day of delivery with my own postal carrier, and i could track it up to delivery.

I'll let you know how I get on with my bargain 10 oz Lion. All being well this might be the most shrewd silver purchase Ive ever made.

24 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

I'll let you know how I get on with my bargain 10 oz Lion. All being well this might be the most shrewd silver purchase Ive ever made.

I certainly hope you have as good a experience as i did, and the coin is perfect. I would be delighted for you, as you said it would mean a lot to you to be able to restart on the 10oz'ers. Keep us posted!

Just now, StackerNoob said:

Im sure itll be fine. Its not an enormous error price or anything just a bargain.

So did you pick up the last 10 oz then? interesting, didn't think these were to your taste!

It's a bit of an interesting one. I'm half-heartedly working on the 2oz QBs (have a scratched Lion that's basically worth bullion value, still missing Griffin and Bull) but my initial thoughts of getting them all in 1/4 oz gold too is just not workable on my budget. That said I've ended up with the Lion in gold and the Lion is about par for an ounce of Platinum to the other platinum 1ozers, so a bit of me is curious about collecting the one beast in as many formats as possible ?

You're right a huge lump of metal isn't really to my taste (although the size-queen part of me will almost certainly be satisfied) but I'm curious to hold one in my hands either way and, like you say, this is potentially a very good one for flipping. Basically it's a bit much on a per ounce basis, but seems to be holding a good premium and has some novelty value

I mean I ike the designs and the style, but I am also finding that modern coins tend to have a bit less of a story to tell ?

5 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

It's a bit of an interesting one. I'm half-heartedly working on the 2oz QBs (have a scratched Lion that's basically worth bullion value, still missing Griffin and Bull) but my initial thoughts of getting them all in 1/4 oz gold too is just not workable on my budget. That said I've ended up with the Lion in gold and the Lion is about par for an ounce of Platinum to the other platinum 1ozers, so a bit of me is curious about collecting the one beast in as many formats as possible ?

You're right a huge lump of metal isn't really to my taste (although the size-queen part of me will almost certainly be satisfied) but I'm curious to hold one in my hands either way and, like you say, this is potentially a very good one for flipping. Basically it's a bit much on a per ounce basis, but seems to be holding a good premium and has some novelty value

I mean I ike the designs and the style, but I am also finding that modern coins tend to have a bit less of a story to tell ?

Fair enough dude. as you see we have nothing to lose here. If you dont like it theres plenty of folk here who would happily take it off you.

I did like the look of the 1/4 gold ones too, and when I started gathering gold they were right up there with my favourites. Alas I decided to go for a more broader range of 1/4 gold coins instead. Not sure that was a wise move in the end but I still enjoy what I have nonetheless.

And I know what you mean about the alure of old money. Who knows what those coins have seen or where they have been!

4 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

And I know what you mean about the alure of old money. Who knows what those coins have seen or where they have been!

Actually I have a video going up next Friday that has one coin that's probably got a corker of a story to tell??

2 hours ago, swAgger said:

I certainly hope you have as good a experience as i did, and the coin is perfect. I would be delighted for you, as you said it would mean a lot to you to be able to restart on the 10oz'ers. Keep us posted!

After you paid how long before they confirmed receipt of payment and shipped the order?

13 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

After you paid how long before they confirmed receipt of payment and shipped the order?

From sending transfer, got confirmed receipt by email the next evening, got shipping email with tracking number the next evening.

11 minutes ago, dancavendish said:

Just one thing is interesting in all this.

The dealer get to forum right when the conversation started, wright two posts and get quiet.

I have made order but still thinking about pay to them.

I know  swAgger confirming order received but?

Is an always the but.

Well I can assure you myself and  @PansPurse are real people! We can vouch for each other as we met up a couple of months ago. @swAgger is a well respected forum member so I take his word at face value.

Also, if this were dodgy, I doubt they would have bothered to email me telling me they have received my money. Surely they would just go quiet?

Always good to be cautious though.

8 minutes ago, dancavendish said:

Just one thing is interesting in all this.

The dealer get to forum right when the conversation started, wright two posts and get quiet.

I have made order but still thinking about pay to them.

I know  swAgger confirming order received but?

Is an always the but.

Nothing at all wrong with being wary, Dan. But an absence from the forum wasn't a problem to me.

It seems they only came onto the forum, 6 months after the post warning people away, when they became aware there was this confusion with the domain address here on the forum. I can respect that.

1 hour ago, dancavendish said:

Thanks guys.

Nothing personal to swAggerI'm sorry if was taken this way.

None taken my friend. It's always a bit of an anxious time when trying out a new dealer. Especially when only one person has good things to say, so far. So, have you made an order, in the end?

15 hours ago, PansPurse said:

Received shipping confirmation. Apparently they've combined my orders into one parcel and are giving me a discount for shipping on my next order, which is nice ?

Also received shipping info this morning. So far so good...

On 01/06/2018 at 18:14, swAgger said:

None taken my friend. It's always a bit of an anxious time when trying out a new dealer. Especially when only one person has good things to say, so far. So, have you made an order, in the end?

Yes I did and payment confirmation in place.

Now waiting for arrival.

Archived