• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Libertad 2017 mintages?

Lindeman

1 minute ago, Numistacker said:

Whilst these mintages may seem low, historically, they are in fact fairly high. You need to add to each one of these numbers the 500 proof sets.

Even the low mintage 1/20 has 20% higher mintage available than 2015.

In 2016 There was a massive increase in mintage to 2100 of each coin. Even now plenty of these coins are available on the market for low prices. I suspect that they over-minted the 2016 proof Libertad and this year they feel they need to cut back a little.

Providing the price is good, I would recommend buying the five coin gold set this year.

Fairly high for the Libertad line, right?  Even after adding 500 coins to account for the five coin set, a total mintage of 600 coins for a globally-known and loved coin from a major Government Mint is very low.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fairly high for the Libertad line, right?  Even after adding 500 coins to account for the five coin set, a total mintage of 600 coins for a globally-known and loved coin from a major Government Mint is very low.

In 2015 with a semi key mintage of 500 sets Coins lasted almost 12 months at Apmex.

600 is low and these will sell out quicker. I am a 2017 buyer and did not pick up a 2016 gold set due to the mintage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Looks like the mintage figures have now been surpassed, figures are what has been minted up to Aug, all are likely to increase throughout the rest of the year

1/20th is now 1078

1/10th is now 435

1/4 is now 561

1/2 is now 817

1oz is now 904

It just remains to be seen how far they go, the 1oz and 1/4 are nearer to what we were initially told

I thought someone said that they always mint a few more than they distribute (maybe for replacements). Let's hope for the few owners that this is the case. 

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

135 1/10th is more than a few more lol

Probably due to the sudden increase in demand... At the end of the day its still a bullion coin where mint could mint as many as they wanted.... I wonder how many of those 135 extra minted are from members of this forum ;);)

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

None as they don't sell direct to forum members or members of the public [emoji851]
Recent earthquakes in Mexico could slow down the output though depending where they are minted

Well I mean it could be the sudden interest from member of this forum that increases demand the drive the dealer for ordering more of them from the mint [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

On 9/20/2017 at 00:15, augur said:

I thought someone said that they always mint a few more than they distribute (maybe for replacements). Let's hope for the few owners that this is the case. 

Where did you get updated figures? If I click on coins and medals in circulation - monthly, on the Mexican bank site, it shows through August only.

Archived