• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Libertad 2017 mintages?

Lindeman

Does anyone have a source for the 2017 numbers? @Numistacker @Jester - I was too slow for the 1/10th and I see the 1 oz bullion is out of stock on Apmex now, but I cannot see actual mintage numbers listed for the 1/4.  Anybody know that number? The 1 ounce stated 900 which is pretty low even by Libertad standards --  but the 1/4 is my target coin , so that's the number I am looking for (hoping to get both 14 BU and proofs for 2017). 

Cheers 

lindeman 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone have a source for the 2017 numbers? [mention=378]Numistacker[/mention] [mention=3391]Jester[/mention] - I was too slow for the 1/10th and I see the 1 oz bullion is out of stock on Apmex now, but I cannot see actual mintage numbers listed for the 1/4.  Anybody know that number? The 1 ounce stated 900 which is pretty low even by Libertad standards --  but the 1/4 is my target coin , so that's the number I am looking for (hoping to get both 14 BU and proofs for 2017). 
Cheers 
lindeman 

Believed to be 500 of the 1/4oz BU this year

1 hour ago, mongo28 said:

When do the proofs get released? I'm more inclined to buy these, but all I've seen so far are the 1/4 oz and they sold out quick at APMEX and Bull...

Liberty coin still has some 1/4 ounce left - not the proof 

4 minutes ago, mongo28 said:

Well if you didn't grab the 1/4 oz 2017 everyone had increased the price from $378 to $428 per coin... This price increase just happened even when spot gold is down... So the "madness" had hit...

I was considering getting the 1/4oz from Liberty coin on ebay... it was about $378... now it's up to $438.. so I will not be getting it.

I was considering getting the 1/4oz from Liberty coin on ebay... it was about $378... now it's up to $438.. so I will not be getting it.
JM Bullion still has them for less than $400... But I'm guessing that won't last... I'll wait and the price will come back down... 1/4oz gold has half the market for buyers as 1/10oz...

The launch price from MCB was $445 and the JM bullion and Apmex initial prices were too low if the 500 mintage is correct.

I don't think the prices will be going back down. The market price for the 1/10th is $300 and there are no sellers at this price.

If the 1/10th can hit $400 (it can) then a 1/4 at 400 with mintage of 200 more seems cheap.

11 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

And for once I'll agree ? (Just the once) ?

9 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

The just once agree got an immediate love from me ))

c'mon guys, the bromance is kinda sick making:P

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Snuck in last weekend under the radar and snagged a 1/4 oz bu. Also bought a 2017 7 coin silver proof set (250 set mintage) to go with the previous years which was ordered and paid for months and months ago but is only just about to start shipping. Also got the very rare 1982/3 proof set with the 1oz proof a year or so ago for a very reasonable $500 or so. Strange beast, Libertad collecting.

http://donbailey-mexico.com/libertad_mintages.shtml

Okay I pulled the trigger and picked up 2 - 1/4oz from JM Bullion. They are the only ones that haven't jacked their prices up... Currently $380 for cash or $395 for CC or Paypal... APMEX is $439 Or $457... I'd hurry up if anyone else is still thinking about pulling the trigger.

Archived