So i thought i'd come back to my PM strategy, now that about 6 months have gone by since i've joined the forum (if anything this is for me own record). I have "met" a lot of friendly people on here always willing to offer advice on this stacking/collecting game! Big thanks to @terakris @kimchi @GoodAsGold @Lr103 @Marc @SovTracker amongst others!
So how have i performed compared to my plan above?
1) I managed to get up to date with all the variety sovereign proofs and if they were not graded already, sent them to @Numistacker. The slight outlier is having a double 1989 rather then the full (a purely financial decision). But this came back graded a PF70 so doesnt really bother me at all. I have the various designs (and my kids birth years) and that was the goal. https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/?do=findComment&comment=234772 https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/?do=findComment&comment=234772
I also got myself some history buying numismatic gold with help form @SovTracker, a PCGS graded MS62 1855 sov. https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/page/528/?tab=comments#comment-235163
2) Fully up to date with the 1/4 oz bullion Queen Beasts and in a nice box too! https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/?do=findComment&comment=244164
3) I did buy some other gold such as a Mexican 20 peso (with the likeable Aztec Calendar) and my absolute favourite, the Dragon & Phoenix Gold 1 ouncer! https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/?do=findComment&comment=234772 https://thesilverforum.com/topic/11158-today-i-received/?do=findComment&comment=216781
4) The silver - i may have diverted off the plan way more than i anticipated here. I managed to stack over 200 oz, the majority from forum members or @BackyardBullion group buys! I may think about selling some of this in the future, but for now its just another storage of funds!
5) Still continuing with the £5 BUNC collection....
With both the gold and silver buying, i have used the "Buy what you like", not what you think may go up in value. I think i will change this to "Buy what you like or what the wife says". I wasnt intending to buy the Stephen Hawking coins, but she said to, for a variety of reasons. At the moment it looks like her decision was correct!
I'm still doing my usual selling of circulated coins on ebay and groups in the background, so if anyone is in need, just holla. Where i can help out a fellow forum member I will!
I'll come back to this in another 6 months and see where I am... "This time next year Rodney"