• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

1 minute ago, 5huggy said:

Well ok! 😉 🙄 🤣 -listening in the background,

whilst I am doing some serious backups and tidying of Pc files!

Oh and sorting out New upgrade CCTV security system - 😉

Next comes - a bit of a stock-take  - and update and correct spread sheets!👍

Gawd I am  so glad  I am locked down for next 12 weeks! - can final sort out all those tasks I kept putting off!🥴🙄

So you are quite right @LawrenceChard -no time to watch -too much to do ! 🤣🤣🤣

We are just in the middle of upgrading all or most of our CCTVs also. The work would have been completed, but for Coronavirus.

Chards

11 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Gawd I am  so glad  I am locked down for next 12 weeks! - can final sort out all those tasks I kept putting off!🥴🙄

I saw a tweet that said something like "now we're all stuck at home we finally have to admit we were lying to ourselves about all the things we would do if we just had the time" lol 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

We are just in the middle of upgrading all or most of our CCTVs

Ooohh gooddy - dont forget to get my best (right side ) next time I call in!🤣🤣🤣🤣

the lord of the rings GIF

Seriously tho - especially in your case @LawrenceChard in your business, the next thing  I see,  personally, is an increasing  break down of society -

If this goes badly and we head into 1923 scenario's there could well be a significant rise in lawlessness - "the have not's against the perceived HAVE's"

1 hour ago, LawrenceChard said:

I am not surprised they have run out of stock of 2020 bullion sovereigns, even with their artificial limit of 3 per household.

You might expect me to advise TSF members to avoid dealing with them, but no, I would encourage all TSF members to buy their maximum of 3 sovereigns every year (obviously, do check their prices), we do! If enough sensible people bought them, though, they would almost certainly change their devious policy, but while it continues, take advantage of it. So, my suggestion is, wait until they re-start offering them, then buy your maximum of three. If you don't want that any, I am sure other TSF members would, including us.

I think a fair few people (myself included) are really put off by how H&B treat customer data. They send branded letters to your home constantly basically advertising your personal business to any number of people along the way, and I'm sure I read something on here about there being a clause in their T&Cs that let them sell your data to other parties for marketing purposes. Not good 😢

I'll admit I've been very tempted to buy the loss leader Sovs from them many times. Had them in the basket a few times. But I always end up stopping myself... is a few quid saving worth the risk? I'm not so sure. 

11 minutes ago, Melon said:

They send branded letters to your home constantly basically advertising your personal business to any number of people along the way, and I'm sure I read something on here about there being a clause in their T&Cs that let them sell your data to other parties for marketing purposes. Not good 😢

On a brighter note, I like the handy free supply of postcards I have built up from their junk mail 😉

2B9C42D9-7F7D-4859-9E67-32FCAEE83D69.jpeg

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Now, if they would only send their stuff out wrapped in toilet paper...

A potential great way to drum up repeat business?

lol

42 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Chard guy ( @LawrenceChard ) would you be interested in a Q and A thread? You probably have more knowledge that all of us. It’s very interesting hearing from the owner of one of the biggest/best dealers in the uk

Sure, I would be very interested in reading one.

I guess you meant taking part in one.

Who's providing the answers?

Chards

2 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Chard guy ( @LawrenceChard ) would you be interested in a Q and A thread? You probably have more knowledge that all of us. It’s very interesting hearing from the owner of one of the biggest/best dealers in the uk

What kind of questions have you got?. Id like to know if silver is a good buy at 30 percent premium.

But, somehow Im not sure this guy has my interest at heart.

21 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

What kind of questions have you got?. Id like to know if silver is a good buy at 30 percent premium.

Maybe I'm naive in this market but I'd like to think a longevity business in any market would have potential future customers best interests at heart,  return custom is everything. The digital worlds a small world. It's a business though so obviously needs profits, it can't serve if its not making profit. 

5 hours ago, AndyL said:

These look pretty good value at Chards 

1 Ounce Gold Britannia Coin Bullion Best Value - Newly Minted
from £1,358.03 (Exempt/No VAT)

That’s annoying I bought Friday and it was 1389 posted. 🤬

7 minutes ago, Safestacker said:

That’s annoying I bought Friday and it was 1389 posted. 🤬

I sent an email an email buy some but it's weekend so could be more than that when the open Monday 😬

59 minutes ago, SilverPirate007 said:

We were collectively hoping you would sir. You are a fountain of knowledge and it would be lovely to ask you some questions!

Knowledge?

Actually, I make most of it up as I go along.

Some of my answers might upset people. I do sometimes have an attitude problem.

Chards

3 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Knowledge?

Actually, I make most of it up as I go along.

Some of my answers might upset people. I do sometimes have an attitude problem.

Do you take no pride in your work? Why do you make stuff up?

Or is every answer shrouded in hilarious sarcasm.

Edited by Blehhhh

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Sure, I would be very interested in reading one.

I guess you meant taking part in one.

Who's providing the answers?

In your many years experience, without naming names. 

Are any celebs, famous, sports people, musicians/rock bands, politicans secret stackers? coin collectors ? 

I read deceased musician Prince had many Pamp 10oz gold bars 

What the largest cash transaction have you's processed in store over the years ?

What is the largest gold stack (no. of oz or £,£££,£££) have you cashed in over the years ?

Have any politicians or council officials ever came in with a brown envelope of notes to swap out for gold ?? ;) 

5 hours ago, Melon said:

I think a fair few people (myself included) are really put off by how H&B treat customer data. They send branded letters to your home constantly basically advertising your personal business to any number of people along the way, and I'm sure I read something on here about there being a clause in their T&Cs that let them sell your data to other parties for marketing purposes. Not good 😢

I'll admit I've been very tempted to buy the loss leader Sovs from them many times. Had them in the basket a few times. But I always end up stopping myself... is a few quid saving worth the risk? I'm not so sure. 

I totally agree. Your security, personal information and data just aren't worth putting at risk.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

In your many years experience, without naming names. 

Are any celebs, famous, sports people, musicians/rock bands, politicans secret stackers? coin collectors ? 

I read deceased musician Prince had many Pamp 10oz gold bars 

What the largest cash transaction have you's processed in store over the years ?

What is the largest gold stack (no. of oz or £,£££,£££) have you cashed in over the years ?

Have any politicians or council officials ever came in with a brown envelope of notes to swap out for gold ?? ;) 

I like some of those questions, but it's getting late...

After someone on TSF mentioned Gold and Silver Bureau a few days ago, I found myself reading a Q&A page I started on 24carat.co.uk way back in 1998. I found myself laughing at some of the slightly less than respectful answers I was giving, but these were not necessarily the exact same answers we actually provided. I also found numerous typo's, some of which I started correcting before it got late, I got tired, packed in and went to bed.

If anyone is still interested, the link is here: https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=coinquestionstheyaskus.html

Excuses in advance: If anyone does read any of it and takes umbrage at the tone or content of my comments, much of it was written close to the end of a 12+ hour day, and I was younger in those days.

Chards

7 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I like some of those questions, but it's getting late...

After someone on TSF mentioned Gold and Silver Bureau a few days ago, I found myself reading a Q&A page I started on 24carat.co.uk way back in 1998. I found myself laughing at some of the slightly less than respectful answers I was giving, but these were not necessarily the exact same answers we actually provided. I also found numerous typo's, some of which I started correcting before it got late, I got tired, packed in and went to bed.

If anyone is still interested, the link is here: https://24carat.co.uk/frame.php?url=coinquestionstheyaskus.html

Excuses in advance: If anyone does read any of it and takes umbrage at the tone or content of my comments, much of it was written close to the end of a 12+ hour day, and I was younger in those days.

SOME ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT RESPONSES - there @LawrenceChard - some almost sounded like me answering too!  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475fd139c2bbf76532cb        Trailer Ok GIF

20 hours ago, Blehhhh said:

19 hours ago, Blehhhh said:

Do you take no pride in your work? Why do you make stuff up?

Or is every answer shrouded in hilarious sarcasm.

Is there a particular reason you're yet again on another thread insulting a long time forum member completely unprovoked? 🙄