• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Slab boxes

Agpanda

I found this for the ones that want slab boxes, but think NGC or PCGS are to expensive

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x3-7-x2-8-Plastic-10-Coin-Capacity-Holder-Slab-Storage-Box-Case-for-PCGS-NGC/263060963410?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I ordered 5 to test, will probebly take 4-6 weeks before they arrive

I found this for the ones that want slab boxes, but think NGC or PCGS are to expensive
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x3-7-x2-8-Plastic-10-Coin-Capacity-Holder-Slab-Storage-Box-Case-for-PCGS-NGC/263060963410?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
I ordered 5 to test, will probebly take 4-6 weeks before they arrive

You might want to cancel the order as I already tried the 20 slabs version and it doesn’t fit NGC slabs nicely as the box is slightly too short so the cover wouldn’t snap on....

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

6 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

PCGS return submissions in hard cases, so for PCGS members they come as part of your submission, they hold 20 slabs, so cases can be accumulated if you only submit a few at a time........

depends on membership level and how you submit them , I don't get any of those so far but I don't use them anyway 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

34 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I don't think it does, they send them back in those boxes regardless of level entry, i always ship in saflips and not in the hard cases

Maybe because walk into the centre to submit and collect in person are different to mail orders . 

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

I'd say that was also a no as i've been twice to fairs in Munich, handed them over and they came back in hard boxes, maybe NGC are just too tight :rolleyes:

Pcgs , Asia 

just walk in and sumbit 12 coins , and then collect them about a week later ( very quick process ) 

no free pvc box for me 

15 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

If you collect then there's no need for boxes lol, you'll be saving on the postage though or you can buy them for a few dollars

I don't have space at home for that box , sorry 

maybe because I submit cheap coins , and not ms 70 that's why I don't get a box 

my copper and silver coins comes back in between 64- 67 level , I shouldn't type this out here because it's not acceptable here because they are only 50-180 years old coins 

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Wait till you get a 450 year old gold coin is AU58, that will make you hard :lol:

No way , it's not ms 70 

even 69 would be very disappointed 

Back to the PCCB Boxes. I bought 4 of them to test out a few months ago. The 10 box size fits the NGC and PCGS Slabs fine BUT with one problem!!

Before you make the modification below, don't put your Slabs into the box - DON'T put the lid on!! As you will struggle to get it off again!

Half way down each of the longer sides is a plastic bump to hold the lid in place.

With no slabs inside you can flex the case side to remove the lid.

With slabs inside you can't flex the case.

SOLUTION - Get a nail file or file and file the bump down on the inside of the lid on the 2 longer edges - you don't have to file it all off - about half is OK. Even filing most of bump of keeps the lid on.

I use them and they are fine, especially for mixing NGC and PCGS.

Took about 3 weeks to arrive as I recall.

I recived mine today

And as been stated the fit fine for NGC

PCGS are just a tad to big to fit fine in the center 4 spots

They fits fine in the 6 other spots (3 on each side)

Will use mine to send larger batces of graded coins

Archived