• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Chiwoo Cheonwang 2017 Korea

PolarPanda

Hi guys, 

What are your thoughts about the Chiwoo Cheonwang 2017 Korea? Someone also knows if it's just a stand alone coin or part of a serie? They go already a pretty heavy premium at GS.be (30€). Is this price worth buying the coin for? Someone has it already in hand? I would like to hear your thoughts! 

Chiwoo Cheonwang 2017 Korea.jpg

2 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

It's part of a series started last year, try getting hold of the 2016 for less than £100

I don't know the mintage this year, but last year was 30,000 with only 15,000 allowed outside Korea.

Wow it goes that high already. The mintage now is 50.000 coins. Not sure how many are allowed outside Korea now. But if i hear this it seems like a solid investment. The design also looks pretty good... 

Someone also knows if it's just a stand alone coin or part of a serie?

AFAIK this is the second release in the Chiwoo Cheonwang silver medal bullion series from KOMSCO (Korea Minting and Security Printing Corporation).

Here are both the 2016 and 2017 releases: http://www.apmex.com/category/93076/silver-chiwoo-cheonwang-medals

• 9 months later...

Mints do odd things sometimes. Komsco are re-releasing the 2017 bullion Chiwoo in a half oz version. Just 10k mintage. Pitching at about US$14.

Will a half oz version be issued for the 2016? The 2018? Why start a new size range with the 2017? Who indeed knows

And dealers do odd things sometimes too. :D Aurinum are now listing the new half oz version. Price is correct. Unfortunately nothing else is. Listing it as the 1oz. Picture is the 1oz too (should be half "clay"). I wonder how many bargain hunters have been trapped so far.

5b07563d4af2b_Screenshot-1ozSilverSouthKoreaChiwooCheonwang1Clay20171390A.png.da8d5401d9a72ae7bed56b20eeac2e78.png

1 hour ago, swAgger said:

And dealers do odd things sometimes too. :D Aurinum are now listing the new half oz version. Price is correct. Unfortunately nothing else is. Listing it as the 1oz. Picture is the 1oz too (should be half "clay"). I wonder how many bargain hunters have been trapped so far.

5b07563d4af2b_Screenshot-1ozSilverSouthKoreaChiwooCheonwang1Clay20171390A.png.da8d5401d9a72ae7bed56b20eeac2e78.png

Ah very bad...

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/05/2018 at 20:19, swAgger said:

Poor marketing on there part...

Archived