• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1887 jubilee 11 coin set

Augustus1

12 minutes ago, Augustus1 said:

hey , from my own research I am too curious to see if its a made up set or issued one, (did say in op) thanks for the lead on a decent coin appraiser near me shortstack, will make a effort to get to him and get the set looked at, its nice to speculate :), as noted I am no were near any kind of knowledge on old coins so its good to be guided, and note some of your comments ( and banter :P) . either way, original set, put together, grading, still have dilemma of what to do with them afterwards ! all be it a nice dilemma.

oh if you do come to wakefield bring a stick of dynamite as well as fast cars as they are kept in a safe :lol:

dean.m

Tight u up and make u open the safe ....

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Dean, if you're not pushing for the money and you're perhaps still young enough then i'd keep hold for a little while (5 years at least) They'll only mature in value over time, full sets of any kind are doing well. I've attached 2 prices, 1 set from 2009 and one from 2012, these are proof sets though, but look at the rise over a few years

Screenshot 2017-07-12 11.02.50.png

Screenshot 2017-07-12 11.02.17.png

thank you shortstack, no not pushed for the money yet, that's why i have not directly asked for a value but nice to know they are worth a not insubstantial sum !, but I am 61 and will look to retire in 3-4 years time so not that long the way the years are flying, but looks like I will be best hanging on for a few more years , after all they have been around a long time in our family . seems sensible to get them looked at ( and did not fancy sending them away to a auction house and the like)

ta dean.m

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

My home town, don't think I've been there for over 15 years, still follow the Trinity though:)

wakey still here , sadley i am a leeds united  fan for my sins !!:)

dean.m

leeds united had been a cash cow for years for every body at the club, even cleaners had company cars !1, till it all went T*ts up to were we are to day , leeds never seem to land the billionaire's to back. buy the club just get  wana be,s who want to own a club and think they can get into the premiership on the cheap  :( ,

dean.m

2 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

Are u going to the play off final next season 

unknown, we'll see. Lots of changes since end of last season, maybe we'll be on the road back to where we belong:)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived