• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My Horses

Parcelsilver

Just finished the set off with the 1oz that arrived today. I used gold-dreams.de(have no relation to site), as well as the 1oz horse I got a 2rand which I really like. The horse weighs 31.3g but from looking online it seems to be the norm on some bullion coins and to allow +/- .2g. It's a beautiful coin and my first 1oz'er

Just thought I'd share.

2uyoav7.jpg

Just finished the set off with the 1oz that arrived today. I used gold-dreams.de(have no relation to site), as well as the 1oz horse I got a 2rand which I really like. The horse weighs 31.3g but from looking online it seems to be the norm on some bullion coins and to allow +/- .2g. It's a beautiful coin and my first 1oz'er

Just thought I'd share.

2uyoav7.jpg

This set is truly stunning, i am drooling all over my keyboard.

Nice!

Goats get released in September from Perth Mint.

The images are usually under embargo till release.

The Goat will not be a big year, people will still by them to add to the collection, but we expect sales to be less than horse, more in line with snake.

Typically the goat is a weak animal, in asia people avoid having children in year of the goat.

Nice one parcelsilver  Where did you get that display box from?

I have the 1oz  1/2 oz and 1/4 Lunar horse BU I like them a lot.

Remember the Gold content is 31.1 and it is 999 so it has to weigh more.  I had this when I first bought a bullion coin years ago from Atkinsons. When I rang them up they explained that 31.3g is the top end of normal and the coin came straight from the mint, so i wouldn't worry.  Where did you buy it from? 

• Founder & Administrator

A nice herd there. Are you sure you just didn't weigh the coin with the capsule as well Parcelsilver :D

@Pipers 999 gold is considered pure gold as it is 99.9% pure. So the coin can weight the same as the declared gold weight, if it was 22ct gold then you would be correct in that the coin would weigh more than the declared gold content weight. i.e. a 1oz Kruggerand will weight 33.93g and has a minimum of 31.103g of gold.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

A nice herd there. Are you sure you just didn't weigh the coin with the capsule as well Parcelsilver :D

@Pipers 999 gold is considered pure gold as it is 99.9% pure. So the coin can weight the same as the declared gold weight, if it was 22ct gold then you would be correct in that the coin would weigh more than the declared gold content weight. i.e. a 1oz Kruggerand will weight 33.93g and has a minimum of 31.103g of gold.

lol no i did take it out :) I checked again this morning before work, its going between 31.2 and 31.3 mostly .3 though!

Nice one parcelsilver  Where did you get that display box from?

I have the 1oz  1/2 oz and 1/4 Lunar horse BU I like them a lot.

Remember the Gold content is 31.1 and it is 999 so it has to weigh more.  I had this when I first bought a bullion coin years ago from Atkinsons. When I rang them up they explained that 31.3g is the top end of normal and the coin came straight from the mint, so i wouldn't worry.  Where did you buy it from? 

I used ebay for the box I got two at the time, I'll check my account if you like and send you the link. I got the coins from Germany on http://www.gold-dreams.de/index.php

Another pic:

2z724cp.jpg

https://en.emk.com/artikel/0/31311/australia-2014

Next horse for your collection??!!

This coin is awesome! I want it! But seems like they have sold out already. Mintage is only 99 so I bet the premium on them was high? I hope they release a 1oz gold bullion version next. I would love a 1oz gold stock horse if the premium was reasonable.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I got the coin weighed this morning in a cash for gold, 31.1 so its just my scales. Out of interest I asked the girl how much they would pay, 540 she told me LOL. When I asked how did she work that out she said scrap price. I said so that's spot price minus x amount, she hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

@Chrissilver I think I reported you instead of clicking reply.....doh

I got the coin weighed this morning in a cash for gold, 31.1 so its just my scales. Out of interest I asked the girl how much they would pay, 540 she told me LOL. When I asked how did she work that out she said scrap price. I said so that's spot price minus x amount, she hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

@Chrissilver I think I reported you instead of clicking reply.....doh

You reported your own comment. I thought it might have been an automatic spam report because you mentioned 'cash for gold' lol

540 is a laughable price. No wonder these places have made so much money. It's easy to get 99% of spot price if it's a coin, so that is currently £767 per troy ounce.

If you sell to them at £540 that is the equivalent of a 29.59% discount your giving them. Or a 42% mark up for them, presuming they sold at 99% spot.

So many naive and uneducated people must have sold their gold for less than it's true value. I understand that scrap has a lower value to coins, but still HGM currently pay £724.35 for 1 ounce of 24ct scrap.

Discounts / Offers

And that's Euro...what a joke, I paid almost 1200 for it, Apmex are looking for 1300+ for it,crazy premium but I had to finish my set.

In the city I'm living more and more cash for gold and pawn shop type places are opening so they must be doing well screwing people over that don't know any better. The girl did like the coin though, I'd say its mostly old chains and rings that they get.(Note to self click Post not report)

Archived