• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

silver prices

gkoogk

Hi

With this drastic drop in price of silver this week I have been buying while its cheap but have noticed today a lot of the main metal dealers are running out of stock on a lot of their inventory ....Have we come to a point where demand has outstripped production and there is genuinely a shortage?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not think so.  

In the USA there is plenty of silver everywhere.  

From all the mints getting into the silver act - it looks to me that everyone is just dumping it - I expect more price drops to come.  

But I could be wrong :P

Im not a conspiritist but I think  some big players are forcing it as low as possible until they can buy as much as possible then make a killing. Lets see if price starts shooting up next week

Well, I've bought a batch today!

Delighted to be paying what I consider to be a very reasonable price. 

I'm not a collector but the 2oz Queens Beasts stand out as relative bargains on goldsilver.be so I plumped for a few of them. No problem with the price heading lower as I'll just continue adding little batches every couple of weeks.

I can understand people being happy with spot plunging, with a view to buying low to cost average your stack down long term, but having just days ago placed my second order of silver coins.. it's a bit daunting to see it nosedive. Thankfully I'm nowhere near going all-in on silver.

Right now, however, I'd have an extra ounce of silver if I'd bought today instead of a few days ago.

I'm probably ignoring the forest for the trees by refreshing the page on this dip.

16 minutes ago, Jay2 said:

I can understand people being happy with spot plunging, with a view to buying low to cost average your stack down long term, but having just days ago placed my second order of silver coins.. it's a bit daunting to see it nosedive. Thankfully I'm nowhere near going all-in on silver.

Right now, however, I'd have an extra ounce of silver if I'd bought today instead of a few days ago.

I'm probably ignoring the forest for the trees by refreshing the page on this dip.

Jay - best not to think about things like this, it could have easily enough shot back up and you would be sitting looking very happy with yourself. 

The important thing is that you have bought some silver and you (hopefully) are planning to hang on to it for a while. 

For anyone who is in a similar "Daze" this week and getting a case of buyers remorse please remember that you never actually "lose" anything until you come to sell!!!

Just feel bad for little old me putting in a VERY VERY sizeable order of silver shot...only to see spot prices drop more this week!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

£10 seems to be the correct price right now if you study the all time silver chart on the bullion by post site , take a gradual increase from the 70s as the chart does back then  , take a gradual increase in a straight line and you seem to end up at £10   maybe £12 silvers not that great a deal  especially with the dreaded vat on top   :angry:

True, @BackyardBullion and I do feel for quick flippers and, in your case, craftsmen who invest in it as material.

You're probably a few lbs of shot 'worse off' relatively speaking. But then again, if you can hold off selling the pours from that shot for when it bounces back up, then it makes no difference to you.

It's a strange concept, having separate piles of identical silver that cost separate spot prices! Would one go so far as to label one Britannia more valuable than its twin? I should probably tally up some averages as I go along or I'll be weirdly judgement of some of my coins over others. :P

15 minutes ago, Jay2 said:

True, @BackyardBullion and I do feel for quick flippers and, in your case, craftsmen who invest in it as material.

You're probably a few lbs of shot 'worse off' relatively speaking. But then again, if you can hold off selling the pours from that shot for when it bounces back up, then it makes no difference to you.

It's a strange concept, having separate piles of identical silver that cost separate spot prices! Would one go so far as to label one Britannia more valuable than its twin? I should probably tally up some averages as I go along or I'll be weirdly judgement of some of my coins over others. :P

One day I will get around to "Part 5" of my beginners guide which is about record keeping. I average out all the coins/shot that I buy that are just simple bullion coins. Work off 1 number.

The good news is that if you buy more now, your average goes down!

Just remember to buy within your means - buying your way out of a high average is not the best course of action. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

lets be honest its never going to be that great an ivestment when the americans are not paying vat and sometimes a few cents over spot with free shipping in America  ,   in this country £13 silver can easily be £210 on a 10 oz bar :wub:

would you credit it  it  guess who   this bloke answers  me on all replies   the reply I give is to a scam on silver in the paper derivative going dow 10 %  as ive said bill holter said  they can take it to zero  harry dent  down much more   , that was 3 days ago when it seemed reasonable value  last nights flash crash was a different scenario   imagine oil down 10%  thered be all over it like a rash  this is a forum where everyone can have their opinion , mine and always will be  and ill ask again for the tenth time just in case no one heard it the fist time

if paper manipulates the silver price and paper contracts aren't going to end anytime soon  how can silver rise   can anyone please answer

Archived