• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns , bullion or numismatics

Walterrr

1 hour ago, Walterrr said:

Hi , for someone looking to start off collecting gold. What would people to reccomened to buy ? Cheers

Agree with the above - totally depends on your goals. 

Check out my videos on the topics.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

4 minutes ago, Finbinfin said:

Depends on your reasons for buying gold - what are your goals / objectives?

Just as a bit of an investment , not really interested in collecting 

47 minutes ago, Kman said:

Hi, I put together a selection of threads discussion topics related on what's best to buy 

You might like to check it out

Thanks mate 

22 minutes ago, Walterrr said:

Thanks mate 

if this is purely investment it is better off to invest into paper gold

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

2 hours ago, Walterrr said:

I'd also like to actually like to be able to hold it though 

If it's purely an investment but you want to be able to hold the physical asset in your hands, I'd recommend gold bars or bullion coins that have the lowest premium possible over spot.

10 hours ago, Walterrr said:

Thanks mate 

I'd go with BU Sovereigns or even half's if you're just starting out, they do have some collector value too, so that's a plus.

7 hours ago, Jester said:

If it's purely an investment but you want to be able to hold the physical asset in your hands, I'd recommend gold bars or bullion coins that have the lowest premium possible over spot.

Bars are ok if you are going to sell them to a dealer who can test them.

Private buyers might not want to buy bars as they are so easily faked especially when they are carded.

Sovs are hard to beat as small coins with low premium.

9 hours ago, HelpingHands said:

Bars are ok if you are going to sell them to a dealer who can test them.

Private buyers might not want to buy bars as they are so easily faked especially when they are carded.

Sovs are hard to beat as small coins with low premium.

Cheers mate , what about 1/10 gold lunars I know they're a higher premium but are they a good investment ?

10 hours ago, tallthinkev said:

I'd go with BU Sovereigns or even half's if you're just starting out, they do have some collector value too, so that's a plus.

Halfs are what im going for mate , what about some lunars ?

I am mainly a silver stacker but have most of what i need for the year so i decided to buy gold until the 2018 coins are released. I have 2 gold small pieces already that i have had for ages so i dont really count them. I have decided to start buying gold purely down to the fact that it takes much less space to store and its easier to liquidate.

To date i have only bought a 1/10th brit with my last silver order a few weeks back. I plan to just buy half and full sovs and 1/10 are 1/4oz semi nums. No bars for me, i find them boring. I plan to mainly buy royal mint brits, queens beasts, sov's and perth mint lunar. That plan can change depending on overtime at work and offers i might find, plus those panda coins look interesting. ^_^ The reason i have picked those coins is because anyone stacking will have heard to them, they can be got for not that much over spot and they are easy to offload. My silver stack will take time to sell to get max value, but i could sell gold in a faction of the time. 

Just looking at the secondary market on here, i can see that selling these types of gold in the future should not be a problem. Bars might not gain as much interest in my views. Thinking about an exit is important when deciding what to buy. You could buy small NGC slabs and have problems selling them for the price you expected. I have learnt from going overboard on silver to keep the future gold stack simple, buy everything with the plan to sell it at spot in a very long time. No proofs are graded coins, no date runs, nothing in a fancy box and never nothing from ebay. 

Anyway, interesting topic as im starting off myself :) Thats my 2 pennies 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

On 7/6/2017 at 21:17, Walterrr said:

Hi , for someone looking to start off collecting gold. What would people to reccomened to buy ? Cheers

Secondhand Sovereigns from HGM or Atkinsons

Archived