• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I need to sell our silver collection - Advice Please Thank you

litecoinaddict

Hello everyone, 

I live in Vietnam, am from London - next week i will be back in UK. I need some advice please

I need to sell our bullion collection due to ill health, i sold some a few years ago to pay for an operation and unfortunately need another. 

My collection consists of: 

1 kg 2011 Libertad

50 x 1oz Canadian Wolf 2011

50 x 1oz Canadian Bears 2011

20 x 1oz Philharmonica 2011

20 x 1oz Koala 2011

What is my best avenue to sell this? I will be in the UK only 1 week - i need to sell all within the week i am back 9/7 - 16/07

Would appreciate any advice on how to sell - do I need Escrow? What is the quickest and most convenient way to get funds to my UK account, my operation is 15/07

Thanks all in advance! 

Quickest and easiest is through a bullion dealer.  You won't get the best price but it'll but quick and painless.

Sell privately for best price but time will be an issue with only a 1 week window.  Trust may be an issue for a high value sale so escrow is a possibility but I don't know anything about available escrow services and charges.  

I have been living in Vietnam since 2008, they wont allow me to have the operation on NHS....So, i have to do it privately and dont trust the Vietnamese hospitals for this (heart operation) - so I have no choice but to pay for private op in UK (only get my health once and with 2 kids, i want the best) 

I could go to Singapore but its 3 x the cost... 

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

And yet they let tourists have OPs, the British system is a little confusing. I hope all goes well for you

Yes - exactly, still pay my CLASS 2 National Insurance but cant access the health system... yet my friend flew his wife back to UK, 1 month later she had her baby on NHS and no costs:( 

and thanks

48 minutes ago, litecoinaddict said:

I have been living in Vietnam since 2008, they wont allow me to have the operation on NHS....So, i have to do it privately and dont trust the Vietnamese hospitals for this (heart operation) - so I have no choice but to pay for private op in UK (only get my health once and with 2 kids, i want the best) 

I could go to Singapore but its 3 x the cost... 

Have you considered other countries in Europe?

My friend's wife is Lithuanian. It was cheaper for him to fly there with her [as an interpreter if necessary] and have the treatment - like MUCH cheaper. 

i found this website on a quick search but a fuller search might turn up some deals that are a lot cheaper. Travelling between countries is not unusual. A friend who worked on a large hospital ITU in Belgium would often have patients from Germany and Holland there for cardiac treatment.

http://www.surgeryprice.co.uk/ 

The treatment throughout Europe is pretty decent, sometimes better than the UK.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Sorry to hear about your health condition but hopefully the planned surgery will be successful.
I assume your silver is with you and not located somewhere in the UK ?

As others have mentioned earlier the sure way of getting cash for your stash is to visit a bullion dealer like HGM in London who would possibly agree a price on the spot and pay cash over their trade counter. How will you get through UK customs and avoid VAT ? Do you have supporting documentation to show you bought the silver in the EU ? If not then you will likely get hit by a 20% charge.

The price you will obtain from any dealer will not be to your liking.
Expect spot at best and spot is currently ~ £12.50 and ounce.
BullionbyPost are offering spot prices for coins so you could lock in a price on-line, ship Special Delivery and receive payment in a few days.

Selling privately on the forum to members with a 100% trading history might work but you might have to ship prior to receiving payment, compounded by the fact that you reside overseas. You would need to describe the condition of the coins, maybe a high resolution picture of the kilo Libertad and your asking prices.

Best of luck

If you're lucky you might find an ebay No Final Value Fee voucher at the time of sale, but it would have to be a whole bunch of 1 or 3 day auctions , or a job lot.

You could try listing them Buy Now, at a compromise price above the bullion dealer rate but below the usual ebay Sold Listings prices and hope you get hits. Less likely though.

Without a voucher though, the 10% they take, plus Paypal fees, could just eat any worthwhile profit above a dealer's price.

There's eBid too, for less fees, but a much smaller market.

Maybe you could arrange to sell it all through one of the respected dealers on this forum. Give them some of the profit to handle things UK-side for you. They could even Transferwise you in VND.

Sorry to hear of your situation, hope you manage to get a reasonable price at short notice. Is it an emergency operation or have you been on a waiting list here in the UK? 

Belgium is the cheapest place to have private health care.

Anyway trade your silver for before you come into the UK for gold bullion you can import £10,000 of gold a year with you tax free Krugerrands, Britannia's sovereigns maples should be ok. 

is the right answer if it is cheaper than selling the silver then taking the hit on converting into gbp, unless you know a better way (is this a job for bitcoin? Quick in and out?)

If you can send through transferwise to an nhs bank account for the operation, your own uk account if you have one, or a family member you can trust, use transferwise etc....

I'm sorry to hear about you needing the op and wish you all the best.

The company I work for (Bleyer Bullion) would offer you spot price for this collection with payment sent the same working day as receiving the coins.

Perhaps try and sell as many through the forum as possible during the next couple of days and then approach a dealer if necessary? 

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived