• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lighthouse L6 coin case

• Founder & Administrator

Could be worse mate.

Does look like a great little case, I want.

Yep, and I pointed out the difference and he kindly offered to refund the £7 back to my bank account :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I have all my coins in capsules, what size trays would I need.

My coins consist of Canadian maple leaf, and falcon, philharmonics, Perth mint 1 oz coins (kookabura, snakes e.t.c) Libertads, Noah ark, and Britanias, lunar horses. All will have capsules on. Havent bought the capsules yet, because there are different sizes you can get, I rather get one size capsule for the L6 case. 

If I have all my coins in capsules, what size trays would I need.

My coins consist of Canadian maple leaf, and falcon, philharmonics, Perth mint 1 oz coins (kookabura, snakes e.t.c) Libertads, Noah ark, and Britanias, lunar horses. All will have capsules on. Havent bought the capsules yet, because there are different sizes you can get, I rather get one size capsule for the L6 case.

50mm trays (15 coins per tray on the L6) for the lunar coins

47mm trays (24 coins per tray on the L6) for all the others

Note that the 50mm trays are not available for the S6 case

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I can get a L6 case with 50mm quadrum trays, is that enough for the lunars?

Yea. Those are the trays that fit the lunar coins, but you can only for 15 per tray.

If you want to put other coins as well, get some 47mm trays as well. Because you can fit 24 coins in the 47mm trays. Obviously you could just put the other coins in 50mm slots if you wanted, but your loosing out on room.

So you could get 3x 47mm trays and 3x 50mm trays.

Discounts / Offers

• 1 month later...

Are there any trays suitable for 10oz Perth Mint, Kook & Lunar coins?

Not sure if this is the best solution to storage; but I think the trays for slabbed coins might be large enough? Or is there a better option?

Discounts / Offers

The 10oz won't fit in the slab tray.

There are none for the L6 that will fit directly, you may have to modify like I did if you want them in the trays.

The 66x66mm trays will fit up to 5oz.

Thanks dan. That sucks. 

I need to eventually find a good display or storage solution for 10oz and 1kg coins. Worried that if I eventually have too many coins, stacking them on top of each other may crack the capsules.

1oz PM coins, even though they take up more volume, are actually easier to stack as they can either be stored in a lighthouse case, in air-tite tubes, or if you have rolls then just stacked on their side.

Shame there are no air-tite tubes for 10oz and 1kg coins.

Discounts / Offers

Anyone knows the capsize on kookaburras square caps?

If your trying to work out what L6 trays you need, then the square capsuled kooks fit into the 2x2 square holder trays. 50mm x 50mm.

Discounts / Offers

ty chris,

yes i was looking into getting a L12 case, but not sure what trays needed.

I´m planing to get my slabbed in also, but also looking on the NCG case thats fits 20 slabs for those.

Of you have a lot of slanted coins the NCG case is probably a better storage solution, but in terms of presentation the lighthouse cases win hands down.

Personally I think the lighthouse cases look like the nicest way to display coins. I have an S6, but will probably purchase an L6 soon so I can display my lunar coins as the S6 doesn't have trays with large enough slots for them.

The L12 looks like a monster case!

Discounts / Offers

Archived