• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lighthouse L6 coin case

• Founder & Administrator

Danny will probably be able to answer this question as he has the coin case from lidl, which from as far as I can see looks pretty much like the same case, apart from the handle:

Does anyone know if these Lighthouse L6 coin cases are suitable for storing coins whilst the case is lying vertical on its side. The big old monster firesafe that I have is too small internally to fit this case in lying normally. But I could fit up to 3 of these cases if they were to lie on their sides, with the smallest side against on the ground. 

Would the coins stay ok, or would they just get moved around and possibly slide out of position in the trays?

A larger fire safe would cost about £937 inc VAT. So isn't really a viable option. 

Another option would be to purchase a cheaper, standard safe, that's not fireproof. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's the same as mine, as long as you have enough coin trays in they will be fine.

The lid is flush with foam, so as long as the contents (trays) are just over-filling the base, it squashes up against the lid foam and keeps everything where it should be.

One coin tray only, and it will obviously rattle around.

What's the best price you found for the L6 mate?

Stacker since 2013

Do you reckon all the trays need to have coins in, or are the ridges of the trays higher than the coins so it doesn't matter if they are empty or not?

I haven't checked many sites but this one: http://www.duncannon.co.uk/detail.asp/c=43/q=1/sku=CARGO%20L6 is £39.95

What size trays would I need for Perth Mint Lunars and Kooks ? 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Thanks for the link dan, I will shoot him a message tomorrow maybe.

Discounts / Offers

So the 41mm fits both the kooks and the lunars? I also noticed on that other site that there is a 39mm do you know if that is a better size for the kooks, or if its too small? I haven't got a kook at hand to measure.

Discounts / Offers

You on about trays or capsules?

If using capsules, the 47mm fits the 41mm capsules, these do all apart from lunars.

For the lunars, you need the tray that has 15 square places, don't remember the size.

Dan

Stacker since 2013

Ok,

so 24 slot tray for the kooks. (47mm tray)
15 slot tray for lunars (50mm tray)

Discounts / Offers

I ordered directly from his site in the end:

http://www.coingallery.co.uk//lighthouse-cargo-l6-large-aluminium-coin-case-for-251-coins-425-p.asp

cheaper than through eBay. £25.99 with delivery and he will sort me out with specific trays. 

I just hope these sizes are the best

24 slot tray for the kooks. (47mm tray) I am assuming is best for kook's etc
15 slot tray for lunars (50mm tray) I am assuming is best for lunars

Discounts / Offers

Think you are spot on there.

Good prices too mate

Danny. You said you had some smaller size trays? What sizes do you have spare. 

I have a 1oz gold lunar horse. Any idea what size it would fit? I know the 1oz Perth Mint Kangaroo Nugget is 32.1mm (so with it's capsule on I am not sure if that would fit into a 33mm tray)

Also not sure if the lunar horse is the same size as the kangaroo nugget. So either 33mm or 39mm tray might fit.

If you have a spare tray, what would you want for it?

Discounts / Offers

Right, I have

2 trays each fitting 8 slabs

2 23mm trays holding 77 each

4 33mm trays holding 40 each

Let me know if you want any Chris.

Thanks Danny. I am not sure if the 33mm would fit, I will have to do some research and see. I also need to check if it's needed. Might just be able to put smaller coins in the bigger trays. I'll let you know :)

Discounts / Offers

If the coin is 32.1, it won't fit in the 33 with a capsule on it. It would go in naked.

Oh, and you can definitely put the smaller coin in a bigger tray, I guarantee that one.

They are here if you want them bud.

Stacker since 2013

Well, I ended up changing my order for the S6 case instead.

Was for some reason more expensive. With delivery ended up being £30.99, but at least this size fits easily into my safe.

Discounts / Offers

Well, I ended up changing my order for the S6 case instead.

Was for some reason more expensive. With delivery ended up being £30.99, but at least this size fits easily into my safe.

£26 inc trays on eBay.

Nice little case actually, I might get one just for my lunars to keep them separate.

Stacker since 2013

£26 inc trays on eBay.

Nice little case actually, I might get one just for my lunars to keep them separate.

Please can you link? The one I found on eBay was £35.99 with trays.

Andy also is changing one of the trays for me, even if it would have been £5 cheaper on eBay it's not the end o the world. I also mentioned The Silver Forum, and told andy that these cases are quite popular amongst members here and asked if he can do some sot of a deal for the members here. Will see what he says.

Discounts / Offers

I must be missing something.

Item no 360837707135

Are we talking Andy_jack here? He's great, and he's selling the one above

Yes I am talking about that seller. But I purchased from his website directly.

You must be looking at the price without trays on eBay. 

His eBay prices for that case (Shipping is £12):

• Without trays: £13.99 (£25.99 with shipping)
  • With 6 mixed trays {2 of each tray}: £21.99 (£32.99 including shipping)
  • with 6 of the same trays: £23.99 (£35.99 including shipping)

And I paid £30.99 including shipping by buying direct :)

Discounts / Offers

No, it's £24 inc trays with free shipping as far as I can see mate.

The item number listed above.

ah. I was looking at shipping to Russia. Shipping to the UK is free.

That's not so good. I just lost out on £7 :(

Discounts / Offers

Archived