• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Scottsdales 1oz Bu Ghana leopard mix up

swAgger

Well $50 is the asking price, the going rate is around $30 at the moment.
SD Bullion are going to get a lot of irate customers, they were selling the wrong coin!

That's correct we will have to wait and see if they get sold at the $50 price to know if that is the going rate. But it is interesting that all the sellers priced it at around $50. This is a good sign.

On the SDbullion scandal, did anyone order form them?

Someone I know did but they haven't yet shipped so we won't yet know which coins he will receive.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

Well $50 is the asking price, the going rate is around $30 at the moment.

True. Once Apmex starts to release the 5 cedi coin and word gets out a little more, I will probably put a sleeve of the 100 cedi version on eBay auction to get a feel for the market

2 hours ago, Gav said:

That's correct we will have to wait and see if they get sold at the $50 price to know if that is the going rate. But it is interesting that all the sellers priced it at around $50. This is a good sign.

On the SDbullion scandal, did anyone order form them?

Someone I know did but they haven't yet shipped so we won't yet know which coins he will receive.

I ordered 20 from SD bullion on July 3rd before they sold out the 1st time... then they restocked and sold out a 2nd time. I called them yesterday and they said my order is in stock and just hasn't shipped because they are flooded with orders with the market drop and are all working overtime trying to catch up the orders. He said it would ship any day... so I've got my fingers crossed- sooner it ships the better.

I just emailed SD bullion since my order from 7/3 for 20 of them still hasn't shipped. The rep emailed back and said there is no way to know if the ones I'm getting are the 5s or 100s because the queens face is down so they can't tell but that they thought they are 5's since that what the website listing now shows. Am I wrong or isn't the 5th coin on each sleeve flipped where you could see if it's 5 or 100? I only have 1 single coin so far but pictures I've seen of some show the obverse side of the coin still sealed to the cardboard. They said they could cancel my order. I said I still wanted it and that I ordered coins they said were in stock and ready to ship so if they have in hand now then I still want them. Are there even any 5 CEDI ones out yet? I'm a little frustrated... I wish they would just ship them since they say they have them.  I paid with a credit card so they would ship quicker... I guess I just need to be a little more patient given the holiday and market drop.  Just hoping it get them.

@sjjma Yes, the 5th coin of the sleeve shows the obverse and since you ordered 20 you should get 4 sleeves. Unless they are sending you 20 singles, they should be able to tell. If they are each on their own cardboard slab then you would be forced to take the coin out of the mint packaging in order to tell ( which may or may not be important to you)

I have not seen any 5 cedi coins available to ship yet. Goldsilver.be ship the 20th, SDBullion ship the 21st, and Apmex says they are currently unavailable so if they ship your order soon you might be good. The ones they had when you ordered should have been the 100 cedi coin. That being said, they should know which coin it is and Im not sure why they have not shipped yet if they have them. I ordered mine on July 2nd and they were shipped July 3rd but I got mine from Apmex. I hope they are not trying to pull a fast one on ya. Hopefully they ship soon!

Just got an update from SD bullion after talking with customer service. Extremely frustrating. So I ordered 20 of them on July 3. There were about 100 of them in stock at the time. It was clearly pictured and listed as the 100 cedi coin and said IN STOCK. On Monday it still hadn't shipped so I called customer service and they said it was in the queue and would ship that day or Tuesday. It didn't. I called today and they told me they had a delay from the mint and that it would ship as soon as they arrived, hopefully within a few days.  She said it would be the 5 CEDI coin. She said the 100 CEDI sold out a long time ago and that all of them from the group I bought from and the group after that sold out are the 5 CEDI version. She canceled my order at my request since I said I did not want the 5 CEDI coin. I warned her that she was going to have some unhappy customers if she ships out all those 5 CEDI coins to people who thought they were buying something else. So if you bought from SD Bullion.... sorry.... I feel your pain. I did buy 15 from APMEX which I ordered after my SD Bullion order and those shipped today so at least I'll have those.

This was the email I got back from SD Bullion after talking to customer service:

Hello Mr., 
I apologize for the disappointment and confusion with this order. We weren't informed by the mint that there were going to be a delay on these (or that they were releasing 2 variations). The initial allotment of 100 CEDI coins likely sold out every where a while ago. But I do apologize for this unfortunate situation. I have cancelled this order and the funds should return to your card in the next 1-2 business days. Here is the coupon code for free shipping off of your next order:

1 hour ago, gkoogk said:

I also ordered 10 of the 100cedi leopards  3 days ago and paid immediately. Yet no answer so far.

can they refuse to sell me them and ship 5 cedi coins instead even if I already paid ?

I asked the question also. They told me they don't have any of the 100 cedi coins. All that will be shipping will be the 5 Cedi is what I was told, which is why I canceled my order. Its poor product management on their part... and very frustrating. I think this mix up by the mint obviously caught them by surprise and isn't something they are used to dealing with. Makes me think the coin could go up more in value if hundreds of them that people thought they were getting don't even exist. You can try calling them but that was the information I got.  That was not a good first impression I had with my first order from SD bullion, although the customer service girl was at least friendly and responded quickly, just not with what I wanted to hear.

I asked the question also. They told me they don't have any of the 100 cedi coins. All that will be shipping will be the 5 Cedi is what I was told, which is why I canceled my order. Its poor product management on their part... and very frustrating. I think this mix up by the mint obviously caught them by surprise and isn't something they are used to dealing with. Makes me think the coin could go up more in value if hundreds of them that people thought they were getting don't even exist. You can try calling them but that was the information I got.  That was not a good first impression I had with my first order from SD bullion, although the customer service girl was at least friendly and responded quickly, just not with what I wanted to hear.

My friend that tried to save a few bucks and bought from SDBULLION on the 30th of June, called them this morning and they said that the leopards were holding up the order. They offer him the option to cancel. Though they said to him that they don't know which version he will get, so he kept his order. I do feel sorry for him as this is the definition of penny wise pound foolish.

Lowest prices guaranteed!!!

Canceling the order@sjjma, was a good thing. When Apmex get the 5 Cedis, buy them. With spot down for the summer you'll probably even save some cash. They are still going to be big on the market. They were selling on eBay before any hype of the hype for about $35. When more people hear about this coin and see the design they will sell like hot cakes even if they aren't the 100 Cedi errie

If the 5 Cedis is worth $30 on eBay then doesn't that make the 100 Cedis worth at least 20 times more. $30/5cedis*100cedis=$600? [emoji855]

Dont know if has been said before are not but GS.be are selling them for 24.53euros. They have both 5 cedis and 100 cedis versions. 

http://goldsilver.be/en/home/1279-1-oz-silver-100-cedis-ghana-leopard-2017.html

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

Yorkshire bullion are advertising them for £32.99. Bought a couple last night. They state it is the 100 cedi,with a mintage of 5000,but not shipping till end July. So just need to wait and see. ?

I tried to save a few dollars too... the 20 I ordered from SD were for $20.95 each. Im just glad I ordered some from AMPEX too. Had I known SD would screw it up I would have bought some more from APMEX. I still got the 15 at $24.50 each but of course the greedy side of me wishes I had that 20 that I lost out on...

Since I've got the free shipping code from SD bullion I might buy some of the 5 CEDI ones if they are the cheapest once the mess is all straightened out... not 20 of them though. 

19 minutes ago, gkoogk said:

that's who I ordered the 10 from. Nothing yet..not even an email

Seems very slow, i placed an order a few weeks back and was very quick. Paid Thursday night and received on Monday, could'nt believe it. Hopefully just slow and no other problems. 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

I've received 3 today. Managed to snag them from a German ebayer for £23.55 delivered. Was originally going to get 20 from gs.be but just don't have the cashflow atm.

Scottsdale packaging is a pain in the arse, I tried to cut around the coin capsule and managed to break the capsule. It's a nice looking coin thoughIMG_3680.thumb.JPG.276cae858936c8f1b789c3c911ec8a23.JPGIMG_3681.thumb.JPG.881092e50c5dbfab1e14ce7cdd937afb.JPG

Hi All.

Today I had an interesting conversation with a YouTube stacker, which ended in the comment that I'm not really concerned about the people of Ghana and I'm just a pumper and dumper.

So I would like to take the time to defend this with real evidence to show that I have been trying to bring awareness about this error to bring publicity to what the people of Ghana have endured.

The below is the email sent to Apmex and Scottsdale where is suggested an idea to them. Now I'm probably a nobody to them and they would take my call if I did call them but I do care and I thought that it might be worth a shot just in case they thought it was worth it. Note what I was proposing would have made this coin less valuable than a unintentional error.

Then again I haven't hidden the fact that I want to make a killing off these coins, as I want them to go to the moon. Some think that since I'm applying marketing tactics to get this coin off to a good start that I'm ruining the market. The real world is a harsh place for a little snow flake and marketing is what gives value to your coins. If you have some Leopards don't you want as many people working together to help each other make some money and get this coin to go viral. If someone is whiling to pay hundreds of dollars on a coin then it is their right to. I'll tell you there is no way I'm selling my coins below $100 and I have the right to decide what price I will take for them.

Please don't be simple minded and think that I am only trying to make a profit. I see that many coin collectors feel how I am trying to claim that there is an error when to their standards this isn't considered an error until the mint says it is.

For anyone to say that this isn't an error is an ignorant person that has no regard for the people of Ghana. To try and relate to you how this error looks like to a Ghanaian person, image if the Perth mint minted coins on behalf of the US and they minted a $200 legal tender American coin with the queen on the obverse. How would you Americans feel about that especially if they only sold it for $195. Not nice but why should a American company have the right to contradict the government of Ghana on what they consider legal tender.

The Bank of Ghana has issued a statement that the 30, 100 and 200 Cedi denomination are NOT legal tender. So if you still happy to say it isn't because the mint says it is legal tender then you don't respect the government of Ghana. Their highest denomination is only 50 Cedis.

I personally don't care if you think I'm a pumper, manipulator or even an idiot but I do care for the people of Ghana even if you say I don't, it doesn't really matter to me, I live in the real world.

I also take that Scottsdale personal are following this thread as they have much invested in this coin. So please feel free to verify or deny that the below email was received by Scottsdale.
5f7cd893ed47df5e3a84bd4469f177f3.png28c07495e7eef46a1880eeba4055821a.png8796b9c8ea38e8dc1605b49670056c04.png76eba1332894b2b6669aec685a509f33.pngecb4484a384310c74e37d3fb5ef9196f.png

[mention=3717]Gav[/mention] You must have half the mintage of these things lol

I actually got less than a full box. It would be hard trying to off load more than a box onto the market, I could be wrong but I'm not that rich that I can lock up so much cash. I'm still quiet young.

I did get a few friend to buy some with their own money. I plan to help them sell when the time comes because they have no experience when it comes to PM.

Apmex has he 5 Cedis on the market, wow didn't see that coming out so quickly. Only 248 of 50,000 available on Apmex. Either they are selling super fast or they don't have many. Go APMEX!!! Better than SDBULLION, these poor guys got mislead. I wonder how many customers left them because of their orders getting delayed. Cause I know one Guy that had a very pissed off conversation with a poor salesperson today.

Hey guys notice something strange about the 5 Cedi coin on Apmex. No picture of the obverse. Smells a bit fish.

Can I assume that they read the thread and reacted to the bomb that was dropped on the previous page?

Or am I just imagining it.

Archived