• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

au ag augur

augur

Hello everyone, 

As it might be the same with most newbies, the combined force of the queen's beast with all its iterations has gotten me into numismatics and stacking.

Not much to the name, just condensing  aurum and argentum and the hope to see the signs (augur) into an alias. 

I wish everyone milk free silver (beasts) and look forward to draw on the combined wisdom of the forum for future forays into precious metal. 

Have a nice one

augur

1 minute ago, augur said:

Hello @BackyardBullion, I already watched quite a few of your videos. Thanks for the effort of making them and for being the first to welcome me

Pleasure my friend!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 hour ago, Bullionbilly said:

Until the milk arrived :(, i then sold them all because i  couldn't stand to look at them anymore, a real shame as they are a beautiful coin

How long did it take until the milk man arrived? I am considering to slab the odd one which has her majesty unscathed but otherwise keep them if silver ever rose astronomically...

Did you go gold with the beasts then or sovreign?

Hi @RacerCool, great to have you on the forum. I like the chunkyness of the 2oz and I have them too.

Not sure about the milkspots on them - so far they seem to be fine. In the end it's bullion, so if they develop spots we need to be mentally prepared. I am still waiting for a decent 5oz proof. With the high premium it would be much more annoying if they developed spots. 

4 hours ago, augur said:

Hi @RacerCool, great to have you on the forum. I like the chunkyness of the 2oz and I have them too.

Not sure about the milkspots on them - so far they seem to be fine. In the end it's bullion, so if they develop spots we need to be mentally prepared. I am still waiting for a decent 5oz proof. With the high premium it would be much more annoying if they developed spots. 

Yeah you're right, silver is silver. Bullion still has its metal value. In these cases, I bought them because they're very beautiful, and I'd still keep them, but it would be sad for their looks to fade. 

I was in a place where they take up to 4 hours to load me up. But I was a bit chocked that there where so many new members, I know I have seen some of the post and thought I will greet them later, but later never come.

Nahh, I mostly collect old legal tender. Most focus on Sweden and Germany. But lately Im buying more Mexican. But I end getting bits and pieces from many country's. Coins where so much more esthetic back in the days. When it comes to bullion, I started with Lunar 2, but I more or less stopped at the Horse. Now I buy some Libertads.

Hehe I needed to google this one " palindrome" = word which reads the same backward as forward

X marks the spot.  SE is for Sweden, ES is for Españia. ;) Suck on that one :D

30 minutes ago, seXes said:

X marks the spot.  SE is for Sweden, ES is for Españia. ;) Suck on that one :D

Albir?

Anyway. Did you already get the Dreikaiserjahr coins? (1888 three emperors reigned as two died so there are three different emperors on the obverse)

On 7/1/2017 at 22:55, augur said:

I see @Bullionbilly it was the lion, that started it all ^_^

Hi, and welcome, I am new myself on the forum.

Don't do what I did, I bought 4, 1oz Gold Brits, then sold them again and started ( thanks to this forum) buying Sovereigns, fantastic coin, me and Sovereigns now go waaayyy back, at least 3 weeks.

Archived