• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

200 Anniversary "Strike on the day" Sovereign

westminstrel

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

Hahaha it's always my fault spending all your money ? 

I am a fair , every single time when my pocket is in pain , I always blame doctor and nurse .....

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

16 hours ago, westminstrel said:

I went back to the RM website and the entire Sovereign section has been removed - it's like it never happened :D

Quoting myself, I know... but, if anyone was hoping against hope, the coins are well and truly sold out since the RM site has a nice big banner stating this.

IMG_1492.JPG

Hi, thank you for all the recommendations. It has been very hectic this week. If any forum members need a fast response, please send me a notification or a DM as sometimes I get a 'little swamped' and might miss the query. Lubi - I can't get hold of you, your emails keep bouncing back.

If you want to be the first to hear about new products from us you are best to sign up to our mailing list. We try to offer our customers a saving on the RM's RRP, which doesn't always go down well with the RM, but there is usually a several week wait until we receive the stock. If you want coins immediately you would be better to pay the higher prices and buy direct from the RM.  We had anticipated high demand for the three new coins released on Monday and were rather disappointed by the low allocations that we managed to secure. We could have sold these coins five times over as I'm sure The Royal Mint could have too. We are negotiating a couple of smaller allocations for the £5 BU coin and the Strike on the Day sovereign, as soon as we have some definite news we will be contacting everyone who has registered their interest. We are still waiting for a definite confirmation on the Piedfort Sovereign, again as soon as we have news we will be in touch with people on the list.
Whilst we usually ask for more than we will be allocated, it is sometimes quite difficult to gauge exactly how popular new products will be and occasionally we do get caught out and get a larger allocation than we sell. (Don't mention the Prince George 2nd Birthday silver proof £5 coin to Lawrence, we still have boxes of them!). 

We're always happy to help, just give us a shout - you might have to shout loudly as every time someone in the showroom says Lesley, I think they're saying Lizzie. The joys of getting older :)

17 minutes ago, ChardLizzie said:

Hi, thank you for all the recommendations. It has been very hectic this week. If any forum members need a fast response, please send me a notification or a DM as sometimes I get a 'little swamped' and might miss the query. Lubi - I can't get hold of you, your emails keep bouncing back.

If you want to be the first to hear about new products from us you are best to sign up to our mailing list. We try to offer our customers a saving on the RM's RRP, which doesn't always go down well with the RM, but there is usually a several week wait until we receive the stock. If you want coins immediately you would be better to pay the higher prices and buy direct from the RM.  We had anticipated high demand for the three new coins released on Monday and were rather disappointed by the low allocations that we managed to secure. We could have sold these coins five times over as I'm sure The Royal Mint could have too. We are negotiating a couple of smaller allocations for the £5 BU coin and the Strike on the Day sovereign, as soon as we have some definite news we will be contacting everyone who has registered their interest. We are still waiting for a definite confirmation on the Piedfort Sovereign, again as soon as we have news we will be in touch with people on the list.
Whilst we usually ask for more than we will be allocated, it is sometimes quite difficult to gauge exactly how popular new products will be and occasionally we do get caught out and get a larger allocation than we sell. (Don't mention the Prince George 2nd Birthday silver proof £5 coin to Lawrence, we still have boxes of them!). 

We're always happy to help, just give us a shout - you might have to shout loudly as every time someone in the showroom says Lesley, I think they're saying Lizzie. The joys of getting older :)

Don't forget me today , my 5kg gold orders order via 24k :D I bet Lawerence will love me today haha 

my crystal ball is telling me someone will ring you up this morning and place similar orders 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

5 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Don't forget me today , my 5kg gold orders order via 24k :D I bet Lawerence will love me today haha 

my crystal ball is telling me someone will ring you up this morning and place similar orders 

Aah, I've just mentioned how nice you were before I'd seen your order :)

I may be going off the top of my head here but wasn't it the first five pound coin to have the the number "5" instead of the written "FIVE" ?

I have all the coins and one of them is a first, I just can't quite remember which one. Charlotte or George (Churchill, Waterloo and longest reigning monarch et al have FIVE minted on it) ?

31 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

It is a beauty.  Could be the first silver Sovereign!

2015.jpg

Wasn't the first silver sovereign the one struck at the birth of Prince George? I may be mistaken as I'm relatively new to all this, but I feel like there was a "sovereign for a future sovereign" silver coin.

There was. I have 2 of them :)

Going back to the 2015 five pound coins, the 2015 5 pounders all have "FIVE" on it. Soooo, either Charlotte or Georgey Porgy's second birthday 5 pound coin is the first to have the "5" minted on it (at least in the modern era - if not ever - maybe someone has more about older coins than I ?

12 minutes ago, Oldun said:

The reverse features Benedetto Pistrucci's St George and the Dragon, "one of the most famous and respected coin designs in the world" and last seen on a crown in 1951 for the Festival of Britain.

https://24carat.co.uk/index.html

Lizzie is the boss :)

Edited the link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/1951-festival-of-britain-coin

Funny how we got onto this, but this was another Anniversary coin, at the polar opposite to the main subject of this thread.

I did read somewhere that some of these were actually minted at the exhibition itself.  The finish is proof like.  Over 2m issued and the crown, of course, was a circulating coin at that time.

Roll on the 400 anniversary of the modern sovereign!

festival.jpg

2 hours ago, Oldun said:

I may be going off the top of my head here but wasn't it the first five pound coin to have the the number "5" instead of the written "FIVE" ?

I have all the coins and one of them is a first, I just can't quite remember which one. Charlotte or George (Churchill, Waterloo and longest reigning monarch et al have FIVE minted on it) ?

I think it was Charlotte's birth

https://www.chards.co.uk/uk-coins/five-pound/2015-the-royal-birth-silver-proof/2621

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

The reverse features Benedetto Pistrucci's St George and the Dragon, "one of the most famous and respected coin designs in the world" and last seen on a crown in 1951 for the Festival of Britain.

https://24carat.co.uk/index.html

Lizzie is the boss :)

Ha, don't tell the boss that one ;)

17 minutes ago, ChardLizzie said:

Ha, don't tell the boss that one ;)

Hey Lizzie

Do you have a rough timeline of when you might expect to receive the BU sovereigns from the Royal Mint?

I bought one from yourselves you see :D 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Archived