• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Unicorn of Scotland, send it back?

KevjustKev

18 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

The next question is replacement or refund?

If you want one and you're happy to keep sending them back until you get a good one.................;)

otherwise, refund and look for one elsewhere or abandon the idea completely.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Mine was not near as bad as this and was sent back last week,

they mentioned It may of been down to bad luck, seems to me theirs a good few unlucky people out there so.

It's a pity but I give up cannot to do this for another 8 releases if you have to get lucky every single time. 

Apparently the mint are offering a discount this week. The Unucirn of Scotland proof is mentioned. I don't think I'll bother.

"Order any modern coins (except face value ones for the obvious reason) from the Royal Mint website and you will get 10% off the final price as long as the order is below £200.00. That’s seems a decent enough discount for one that applies across the board, so all of you wanting Queens Beasts proof coins like the new Unicorn of Scotland, can now do so a bit cheaper. Just enter the code below at checkout"

18 minutes ago, Mariner1961 said:

Apparently the mint are offering a discount this week. The Unucirn of Scotland proof is mentioned. I don't think I'll bother.

"Order any modern coins (except face value ones for the obvious reason) from the Royal Mint website and you will get 10% off the final price as long as the order is below £200.00. That’s seems a decent enough discount for one that applies across the board, so all of you wanting Queens Beasts proof coins like the new Unicorn of Scotland, can now do so a bit cheaper. Just enter the code below at checkout"

If there were any QB for under £200 this would be alright :P but the 1oz proof is sold out 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Mariner1961 said:

Mine went back this morning. As the mint are sold out its a refund only. Given the continuing problems with the quality control there I think I'll be steering clear for the time being.

I just checked and they now have 90% reserved, I may just ask about them, but of course they could be the ones that others have returned.

5 minutes ago, tallthinkev said:

I just checked and they now have 90% reserved, I may just ask about them, but of course they could be the ones that others have returned.

Given that last week I was told they were sold out I would be give any they send out now a very very close check.

My advise would be send back and don't buy and silver proofs from royal mint if your looking at it as a long term investment as it will milk spot..I've checked my stash last night and alot has spotted including my 5oz 2014 Britannia which in gutted about..think I'll wait for the silver price to rise alittle and sell the lot..probley only buy gold and crypto from now on..silver isn't going to hit the moon like we've all been lead to believe.. 

1 hour ago, Mariner1961 said:

dcs107

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

The lipgloss ? and worn chain were the same on mine, too. Seems to be more a feature than an error :(

I am still hopeful for an acceptable replacement.

How do you @tallthinkev do your light and camera setup for these pics?

11 hours ago, augur said:

The lipgloss ? and worn chain were the same on mine, too. Seems to be more a feature than an error :(

I am still hopeful for an acceptable replacement.

How do you @tallthinkev do your light and camera setup for these pics?

Just on my phone, with a macro lens and natural light,

I can't believe they sent that out its shockingly bad. Proof quality? 

I bought 4 of the 1 ounce lions and 3 went back, all scuffed or marked. I have complained numerous times to the mint about their severe quality control problems, which the customer services acknowledge, but apparently just pay the lip service and do nothing with it. Even the proof gold I have had was scuffed. 

Sorry to say but you might want to send that back; it's worthless as a proof in that condition.

7 hours ago, KDave said:

I bought 4 of the 1 ounce lions and 3 went back, all scuffed or marked. [...] Even the proof gold I have had was scuffed.

That's really helpful. I was doubting myself as too picky after sending the 5oz silver proof unicorn back twice already  and also the gold proof.

There is only so much effort and returns, piles of £7.25 cheques for return postage sat around the house that I can take before I just have to say no more. It is the cost of liking the RM coins I guess, the cost of business when collecting RM proofs. I still need to make the effort to get to the bank and cash those dam cheques, I think I can afford another 1 oz proof silver QB when I add them all up :P

I have given up on the RM proof gold, the QB quarter ounces would have been a stretch, one I could have managed at the cost of other purchases. They are stunners, but the hassle and stress of sending a bad one back for every coin at that value, for all 10 of the series? I just can't commit to that, the hassle and time, its not worth it. I asked for a refund and won't be collecting the proof gold series. I will be sticking to the bullion for gold and will continue taking a punt on the £85 proof silver just for the design until my luck completely runs out, the designs are great.

Sorry a bit off topic there, rant over ;)

@KDave, I appear to sense some degree of frustration in your last post -_-

With this return rate I really wonder if those PF70 ultra cameo queens beast proofs were default graded without looking at them... has anyone checked out one of these apmex mcm offerings? I wonder how they can source PF70s when we have to return nearly every coin!

I'm in the same dilemma now. This is the third time silver and second time gold. They're looking fairly good. Frosting on the silver coin is still a bit faint in places but this is the best I received so far. 

Now the question: does it get any better with the RM?

(defect in the centre of the images, everything else is dust)

IMG_5633.JPG

IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5634.JPG

Archived