• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 UK Bicentenary Piedfort Sovereign

whitesands1

6 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

Do you have set figures in mind for certain coins at which point the scales are tipped?

A very interesting question, one that possibly deserves its own thread!

Not in general, probably that is me not looking things logically and practically enough, but I love my coins. These Libertads I have for example are already doing well (above and beyond the huge premium I paid) but I'd actually much prefer to keep them, and so would prefer not to get a 'silly' offer for them to tempt me. It was hard enough sending the set off for grading rather than keep them in their lovely case all together!

How about yourself?

Some coins when I have multiples I do have a set figure. My PF 70 2018 Proof Sovs I would not sell for less than £700 because while the market price is lower at present I expect them to beat that eventually (might be right, might be wrong - that's just my humble opinion!).

I have only one Sapphire Coronation SotD, I wouldn't take £800 for it. I absolutely love the coin and it's an absolute keeper for me :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you say @kimchi, a thread in itself!

Like you, I love my coins, who doesn't.

I have never bought a coin with a mind to selling on (except for those I bought from my stepson, coins I would not have chosen myself).

So no I don't have price tags in my mind at which I would sell certain coins.

My collection is bullion or raw EF grade so it may be a non issue for me in any case. ?

9 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

As you say @kimchi, a thread in itself!

Like you, I love my coins, who doesn't.

I have never bought a coin with a mind to selling on (except for those I bought from my stepson, coins I would not have chosen myself).

So no I don't have price tags in my mind at which I would sell certain coins.

My collection is bullion or raw EF grade so it may be a non issue for me in any case. ?

So why don't we/you/I start that thread (if there isn't already one - ?) I think it would be fascinating! I don't know quite how to phrase it myself atm to get maximum input and attention.

You sound like me - no price tag in mind generally for your collection side of things, but if someone offered say a grand for a coin which cost you less than half that it would be tempting I think! One or two of my Libertads are likely to raise hefty sums already but they will go much further as interest grows. The 'worry' is I love them so much so would be torn on a sale (unless forced by circumstance) at any price!

24 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

I will leave it in your capable hands you eloquent devil!

Something along the lines of "What Price a Sale"

?

'Eloquent devil'? You slimy rascal! You despicable poltroon! You abominable snollygoster! :o

:P

I think that would be a great thread, I just don't know quite how to pitch it so it'd get the responses and interest I think it deserves :)

Archived