• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

morezone

Hot weather

23 posts in this topic

I really hate hot weather.  For me, lows 20s max where I can walk around comfortably in a T-shirt.  When it's cold I can always wear more clothes and turn up the heating at home.  When it's too hot there's so much more work in order to keep cool.  Get naked, open windows, use fans and maybe air conditioner.  

I hear people talk about looking forward to the "hot" weather and when it comes they just complain about being all hot and sticky.

I hear people go on about how they went to super sunny (country) and the weather was all beautiful in the 30s and 40s and how they spent most of their time sunning it up in the shade and relaxing and trying to avoid sunburn.  Personally I'd prefer to go somewhere less hot where I can be in the sun and not worry about being baked alive.  I don't understand the attraction of spending hundreds or thousands going on holiday only to literally sit by the pool or beach under a parasol for the during of the holiday.

Im with you there, went to boots at 9am to buy 40 quids worth of "magicool" spray, it does actually help a bit...Wish we could have aircon but cant, have temporarily moved downstairs as was 27 degrees in the bedroom at night with the window wide open. 

Hate it, just hope we get a massive thunderstorm at the end because thats the only part of hot weather I love.

The blower fan in my truck broke yesterday so i spent last two hours of my shift with no aircon.Luckily it was just the fuse had welded itself to tge fuse box as had the damn thing running full whack all day.Replaced fuse and everything ice cold again.Its like landing in Ibiza now everytime i jump out which is nice.Couldnt do with working in an office today!

31 minutes ago, Moi said:

Lemon Duru spray, quick cooling relief. Not too pongy either😉

Wassat?

This ice cold beer isn't too pongy luckily, in fact it both smells and tastes rather nice :o I think I can just about cope if I really put my mind and all my strength into it (?)

Madstacks likes this

7 minutes ago, Roy said:

It gets easier as they go down ;)

Bit early in the day though Sir? Wait, it's after lunch....as you were!

I had lunch the day I was born, by george! It is always after lunch! :P

(A 'few decades' now and counting B))

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement, much appreciated! I am onto beer number four and it's helping a bit...no perhaps it's not...I am not sure, I'll have to try the next one and see how I get on...

Roy likes this

I have left the English hot weather for this. 30degrees but not the sticky humid weather we are having. Soooooo tired as I was up this morning at 1:30am to fly. Loving the new roaming tariffs :D20170619_113111.jpg

kimchi likes this

What's wrong with you all? I was near the Cotswolds today (apparently hottest place in UK ATM) and my good lady sent her egg back to the Chef (me) .She's a bit fussy, whereas me, if asking for steak just asks for the horns to be cut off and the ass wiped lol....and a cold beer! Let me know when it's hot enough to fry eggs and keep her happy! :P:D

eggs 1 cotswolds.jpg

shawy2510 and Madstacks like this