• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

16 posts in this topic

Anybody here use Coinbase to invest in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin? 

I've finally decided that I want to dip my hands in the cryptocurrency game so I've opened a Coinbase account after hearing about this American-based company from various people and places, but I've not been able to verify my payment details as their website doesn't really specify how to do this for UK investors.

I would like to invest in Ethereum and Litecoin (not Bitcoin because it's way too expensive for me) but can't because of this payment verification confusion. Any pointers?

i had problems with the verification. i tried and tried but it did not work.

i tried again recently and it went through.

You should photograph your passport - all the edges of the passport with your mobile and upload it from your mobile. i ensured the phone was connected to a cable connection to ensure speed and surety.  

I think the other ID i used a pdf of my latest statement with name and address downloaded from my bank. 

It went through ok

I'm copying this from another thread.

I've never bought with cards on exchanges.

I've only ever bought btc with bank transfers on localbitcoins/bittylicious  usually sending those btc directly to an exchange (eg. Bittrex) to buy the alts.

There is a common problem with Coinbase. You have to photograph your ID either with the camera on your laptop or smartphone. i used my phone. For some reason the uploaded photos kept getting rejected. The forums are full of people having problems with verification images and Coinbase. i tried another exchange and had no problems. 

The customer service at Coinbase is poor so i never got a solution from them and i didn't find a solution on the forums only frustrated people trying to get an account. To be fair the issue may have been it was sending the details from Spain but for a UK account. When i sent the details from the UK for a UK account it went through pretty much straight away. So this might have been the problem.

Edited by sixgun

I've just coinbase it seems ok but payments have failed the last three times the price dropped, which is suspicious and unethical to say the least so I'm looking for something better.

1 hour ago, 4Nines7Hills said:

I've just coinbase it seems ok but payments have failed the last three times the price dropped, which is suspicious and unethical to say the least so I'm looking for something better.

Probably best to have accounts with several exchanges.

I have been looking at having a dable with crypto currencies and a common theme that seemed to crop up with coinbase is that there are problems with withdrawing money into a UK account.  Has anyone else had the problem or do you use a different exchange ?

8 hours ago, sixgun said:

i had problems with the verification. i tried and tried but it did not work.

i tried again recently and it went through.

You should photograph your passport - all the edges of the passport with your mobile and upload it from your mobile. i ensured the phone was connected to a cable connection to ensure speed and surety.  

I think the other ID i used a pdf of my latest statement with name and address downloaded from my bank. 

It went through ok

My identity has already been verified but I still can't invest in any cryptocurrencies. 😯

4 hours ago, 4Nines7Hills said:

That's actually not the first time i've heard that. Very suspicious indeed.

29 minutes ago, Daz147 said:

I have been looking at having a dable with crypto currencies and a common theme that seemed to crop up with coinbase is that there are problems with withdrawing money into a UK account.  Has anyone else had the problem or do you use a different exchange ?

Depositing money from a UK account seems to be another common issue as well.

it could be the server is over loaded and they arent trying to rip people off but either way if you can't buy and sell when i want it isn't much use 

Just found out about another platform to purchase cryptocurrencies - Cryptomate. Any users here who would like to write a review of said platform?

1 minute ago, 4Nines7Hills said:

it could be the server is over loaded and they arent trying to rip people off but either way if you can't buy and sell when i want it isn't much use 

I've read somewhere that Coinbase has thousands of people signing up every day or week.

i write code so i would be very very wary of any website there easy to set up takes like 2 days to seem legit and then crash the site and its gone like a lot of peoples money

Ok i've tried investing in Litecoins over eight times now and I still haven't received any????

Need to research other cryptocurrency platforms.

The draw for me in using coinbase was the link to the gdax exchange.  However, when the market is going bananas coinbase has been offline; it has happened 3 times in the past month so I have withdrawn my funds.  I hear that yesterday, someone dumped $30M of ETH into gdax/coinbase using a market-sell order.  Will coinbase have the $30m to pay the seller?  Who knows but I have sold some crypto and withdrawn funds.