• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal mint coins

Rhyseyson

Looking to start collecting some of the Royal mint coins. Unfortunately don't have that much spare cash to splash out like some of you guys can haha

so was just wondering if the standard bu coins for £13 are worth it and will increase in value or are they more of a personal collection as such and if I intend on making money I need to buy the silver proofs etc

Cipro nickel coins unless it's a special coin like a Kew, or an error coin like the new penguin or the diamond finish IOM xmas 50p don't tend to increase in value by drastic amounts.  

They are nice to have as a collection.  They might increase in time but you can never tell. Silver is the same.  We stack it hoping 1 day the market will go bonkers and we'll get 50 quid an oz.  But at the end of the day it's a gamble.  It should rise in the long term but there's no guarantee. 

Numismatic coins usually increase in value like the panda or kooks because they have a steady stream of collectors wanting the different years.  These are probably your best option for value increase. You could join back yard bullions group order.  You could probably get 1 for about 20 quid.

I have to also point you in the direction of the Christmas 50ps because they're cheap, I love them and they usually go up in value after a few years ?.  The Gibraltar 1 is on sale ATM for £3.95.  A few years time they'll b selling for 10 quid each.  

3 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

The Gibraltar 1 is on sale ATM for £3.95.  A few years time they'll b selling for 10 quid each.  

Can't argue with that return, maybe I should load up on them?:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Not this years Christmas coin, maybe a few because it is the same design according to the penguin above

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Thanks guys, I want to get the decent silver coins, but just can't afford a bulk buy. That's why I've been looking at getting General bu 50p because there a lot cheaper and was hoping to flip em in a year or two for a profit 

I think you'd be better saving the circulating versions.  Just pick them out of your change.

If they turn out to be a rare design then you can sell them in the future.

If they turn out to be common then you haven't lost anything as you can spend them.

16 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

? look after the 50ps and the pounds will look after themselves ?

12 minutes ago, Rhyseyson said:

Thanks guys, I want to get the decent silver coins, but just can't afford a bulk buy. That's why I've been looking at getting General bu 50p because there a lot cheaper and was hoping to flip em in a year or two for a profit 

depends on which one u buy just don't get something stupid like queens birthday, anything about royal family

12 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Not this years Christmas coin, maybe a few because it is the same design according to the penguin above

I'm more of a bat....... nanananananananna bat nurse ??

Just now, Rhyseyson said:

@fehk2001 would the Beatrix potter ones for a tenner be a good ones to buy?

Just get the duck and leave it in the package , but I prefer the box set, that's set of 5 in a box ok

just try your best to get the box, today went to the royal mint factory and ask for these box because I need them to make another box set they said they ran out , these box set pricing will be like Olympics set in a few years time, but I think it will go a bit futher , duck is hardest but should not be too hard this year, collect full set u will do well ( curiculated )

Keep all unusual old pound coins you get too.  These go out of circulation in October and are already becoming harder to find.  Once they're out of circulation it's probable that these will go up in value as collectors will want to complete they're sets.

9 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Oh dear :blink:

I apologise for my childish behaviour.  It's my 5th night shift on a children's ward and I think I mite have regressed 30 yrs ?.

14 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

I apologise for my childish behaviour.  It's my 5th night shift on a children's ward and I think I mite have regressed 30 yrs ?.

can u remember what did I tell u last week? nice prediction isn't :P

Archived