• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

So it seems to me that the G.E. was a second brexit referendum in all but name.Theresa May chose to **** it up deliberately as she was never intending to go through with it.Cameron is a traitor who basically signed away our sovereignty with a 50 year military alliance with France.Even PUTIN has come out and said that it will never happen.

The tories have decided to go into an alliance with the DUP which is sure to stir up sectarian problems in Ireland.We have the "progressive alliance" salivating at the prospect of the tories falling apart and derailing brexit in true fabian style.

It seems the only organised well funded protest movement is the anti brexit brigade which makes sense as its the establishment side as it truly appears brexit was a real genuine grassroots revolt against tptb.

Are we about to experience a "strategy of tension" campaign ie.IRA,ISIS attacks so the sheeple run into the arms of the establishment and beg for European protection?

Discuss..........

I kind of disagree.

Had the Tories made an effort to sell themselves talking about the economy and reminding us just how bad things were less than 10 years ago we might have had a different result.
As for comrade Corbyn he just gave every child free sweeties and gained their respect.
All this bullshit about the student vote and how young people were taking voting seriously - total bollocks - who wouldn't vote to save themselves 30 grand going to university ?
The biassed media then hammered the tories on breaking up the pensions triple lock and stopping millionaires and those living in the south of Spain from getting a winter fuel allowance. How pathetic !! The nation owes 1.6 trillion ( or about £25,000 per person ) and is today overspending by a couple of billion a month. We have to cut our cloth and not start handing out free money. How can it be justified to give non working parents free child care ? Are these parents not at home and cannot they look after their own kids ?

As for Brexit, we seem to have forgotten the unelected Eurocrats running our lives and overuling our justice, not to mention the huge sums of cash we spend propping up the EU.
It's about time we heard more about the plights of the Greeks to put things into perspective. We cannot even decide to zero VAT rate tampons because the EU doesn't permit it and we cannot subsidise our home produced steel to build ships because Brussels doesn't allow it. All the state subsidies in Germany and France however get overlooked but we Brits adhere to the book !!

The referendum decided that we pull out of the EU and discussions haven't even started.
The EU wants to make us an example and either punish us or financially screw us because they know if we get a fair deal others will follow.
The only team capable of fighting our cause are Theresa May and her team.
The labour lot and feeble Lib Dems cannot even add up and they would agree to anything that gains them more votes at any cost.

As for taxing the rich - when will labour wake up to the fact that the super rich will never pay tax and will live on Caribbean islands or have a residence in Monaco.
If you raise the tax for professionals too much they will just invest in tax efficient schemes like VCTs, EZT's, EIS's to name a few; that means the exchequer will not be any better off. We currently have a good balance between tax levels and tax receipts. Increase the former and we reduce the latter - fact.

Discuss ...

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

I kind of disagree.

Had the Tories made an effort to sell themselves talking about the economy and reminding us just how bad things were less than 10 years ago we might have had a different result.
As for comrade Corbyn he just gave every child free sweeties and gained their respect.
All this bullshit about the student vote and how young people were taking voting seriously - total bollocks - who wouldn't vote to save themselves 30 grand going to university ?
The biassed media then hammered the tories on breaking up the pensions triple lock and stopping millionaires and those living in the south of Spain from getting a winter fuel allowance. How pathetic !! The nation owes 1.6 trillion ( or about £25,000 per person ) and is today overspending by a couple of billion a month. We have to cut our cloth and not start handing out free money. How can it be justified to give non working parents free child care ? Are these parents not at home and cannot they look after their own kids ?

As for Brexit, we seem to have forgotten the unelected Eurocrats running our lives and overuling our justice, not to mention the huge sums of cash we spend propping up the EU.
It's about time we heard more about the plights of the Greeks to put things into perspective. We cannot even decide to zero VAT rate tampons because the EU doesn't permit it and we cannot subsidise our home produced steel to build ships because Brussels doesn't allow it. All the state subsidies in Germany and France however get overlooked but we Brits adhere to the book !!

The referendum decided that we pull out of the EU and discussions haven't even started.
The EU wants to make us an example and either punish us or financially screw us because they know if we get a fair deal others will follow.
The only team capable of fighting our cause are Theresa May and her team.
The labour lot and feeble Lib Dems cannot even add up and they would agree to anything that gains them more votes at any cost.

As for taxing the rich - when will labour wake up to the fact that the super rich will never pay tax and will live on Caribbean islands or have a residence in Monaco.
If you raise the tax for professionals too much they will just invest in tax efficient schemes like VCTs, EZT's, EIS's to name a few; that means the exchequer will not be any better off. We currently have a good balance between tax levels and tax receipts. Increase the former and we reduce the latter - fact.

Discuss ...

Thats kind of my point.All she needed to do was come out once a week and say "brexit means brexit" however shes a new world order witch who never had any intention of following through.Her OWNERS made her **** it up!

Now she's in a weaker position she can use that as an excuse for brexit to fail.

I'd bet a full gold sovereign that if we ever get a brexit it will be in name only and we will still be under the jurisdiction of the European court,mass immigration,and paying billions for access to the so called FREE MARKET.

If we do get a full brexit I will gladly hand over my soverign.

It took nearly 9 months to trigger article 50 for gods sake whereas we had a general election and less than a week later they manage to cobble a government together so the stay in power.

Trust me its smoke and mirrors.I hope I'm wrong but something stinks!

Edited by SpacedMarine

The UK voted to leave the EU last year and the process to leave began in march this year. We will be out in less than two years. Anything less is a complete betrayal of the majority.

People have not worked this out yet, but soft and hard brexit do no exist. There is a lot of wishful thinking in the media, but there is no middle ground - we are either in or out - we can't pick and chose which bits of the EU we want, they have said as much, if we want to keep the common market we keep freedom of movement and pay for the privilege, so like we have now, only we no longer have token representation at the farce that is the European parliament. If we stay in the EU then the best we can hope for is to be treated with utter contempt by the EU and the rest of the world, and democracy takes a massive and dangerous hit, not just because of overturning a referendum, but because the EU will still be calling the shots for the majority of UK policy for the rest of our lives. 

The lobby remainers have tried their hardest to overturn democracy using the courts just after the result if you remember, so we can expect further shameless attempts to derail the process. The general election is being used as stick across the media to say that now a soft Brexit is the only way forward. The truth is they are pandering to wishful thinking and ignorance by suggesting that we can leave and stay at the same time. We can't. Its not possible to keep one bit while leaving the rest. The EU will not allow it.

All IMO!

Uncontrolled immigration was definitely high on the voters minds in the referendum.

Having myself experienced Italy, Greece, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Hungary, Estonia, Germany, Holland, France, Ireland, Spain & Portugal  .... why do so many economic migrants choose to live in the UK - read "London" where prices are OTT and we are so overcrowded ?
Southern Germany is truly stunning and if I was born again would be high on my priority list along with a coastal town on the Med.

Edited by Pete
typo

2 hours ago, Modem21 said:

I'm first in the cue if you offering free sovereigns I promise to say thank you.

Time will tell 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, savoyard said:

On the topic of mass immigration and free movement, a recommended reading for all the armchair patriots who don't really know much about Britain and the Commonwealth:

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/interregnum-11-years-without-free-movement-1962-1973/

All fine and dandy however i hardly see masses and masses of people entering the uk during the time before cheap mass transport was available and at the moment its all one way traffic.There arent hundreds of thousands of english people moving to india or pakistan are there?For a start common sense would dictate that if one couldnt speak the language and didnt have a job lined up unless one was independently wealthy or just going backpacking it wouldnt be an economically viable choice after all as an englishman I wouldnt expect the indian or pakistani taxpayer to put me up in accomodation gratis and pay for my maintenence.

Not saying thats what indian or pakistani immigrants do but you get my drift i was using them as an example of being some of the most populous commonwealth countries.

I guess the media doesnt help as you have one side (say the guardian) saying how wonderful immigration is and the other(say the daily mail) telling horror stories however anecdotal.

I think a very good example was the hook handed guy that took years to extradite who was claiming thousands in benefits and had 3 wives.Also Jihadi John etc etc.whether they were commonwealth citizens or not.

Edited by SpacedMarine

Hello Kdave in response I think that if the vote were to be overturned that there would be an even bigger issue. A majority voted to leave (like it or not) on the fence here. Think of it in easy terms, this would be a betrayal to the vote and to the voting public. And as such the vote would be no more as it would be WORTHLESS.

Theresa May was a silent remainer during the referendum and I think that this election result was deliberate in order to stop Brexit.  Since when have the Conservatives ever gone into an election with 3 manifesto promises designed to financially hit their own voter base !! The election was called on the basis of giving Teresa May a strong mandate for brexit, there was never a hope in hell of a stong result for the Conservatives.