• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 oz Silver 20th Anniversary Britannia

Jester

Please tell me it isn't so that Goldco.com is the sole distributor of the 1 oz silver 20th Anniversary Britannia in her chariot with the date 1997 - 2017 edge lettering.

https://goldco.com/product/1-oz-2017-silver-britannia-20th-anniversary-edge-lettering/

I've searched other U.S. dealers, international dealers and no one else seems to have this coin for sale. I've checked eBay, eBay UK...nothing. I'd buy from Goldco.com but their minimum order is $10,000 :blink:

Any info you all can share would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to pick up a few of these for the collection.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

we should have a whip round and order $10k worth, a nice group buy. Any idea how much they per piece?

Depending on unit price I might be interested in a tube.
Would CoinInvest or STG order a monster box and sell to us under the VAT margin scheme otherwise we would pay 20% on top.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Would CoinInvest or STG order a monster box and sell to us under the VAT margin scheme otherwise we would pay 20% on top.

Good thinking.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

7 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

we should have a whip round and order $10k worth, a nice group buy. Any idea how much they per piece?

To be honest Steve, I kinda shut down and ended the conversation when they hit me with the $10,000 minimum.

I too would pick up a tube. They're limited to 99,000 which isn't all that low but not the highest I've seen either. I'm just surprised with that many available/out there, some haven't popped up elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Jester said:

Please tell me it isn't so that Goldco.com is the sole distributor of the 1 oz silver 20th Anniversary Britannia in her chariot with the date 1997 - 2017 edge lettering.

https://goldco.com/product/1-oz-2017-silver-britannia-20th-anniversary-edge-lettering/

I've searched other U.S. dealers, international dealers and no one else seems to have this coin for sale. I've checked eBay, eBay UK...nothing. I'd buy from Goldco.com but their minimum order is $10,000 :blink:

Any info you all can share would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to pick up a few of these for the collection.

I called them about a month ago - they said that they would be open for a $5,000 minimum order.  They are the sole distributor of the coin in the USA.  They sell mostly to high worth clients and for IRA investments.  It may be a good idea to try to get a big UK bullion house to buy some.  When I called them I think they were asking for $54 per coin. 

3 minutes ago, Jester said:

To be honest Steve, I kinda shut down and ended the conversation when they hit me with the $10,000 minimum.

I too would pick up a tube. They're limited to 99,000 which isn't all that low but not the highest I've seen either. I'm just surprised with that many available/out there, some haven't popped up elsewhere.

I can't believe one US dealer would commit to taking the full 99k mintage and why would the RM give them exclusive rights unless they were?

Just now, Pampfan said:

When I called them I think they were asking for $54 per coin

LOL they can stick them.

Just now, dancavendish said:

Yes but still different 

same as the one from goldco I think

nothing really special about these bu, only a small privy , maybe worth to keep an eye for a pre own ones

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

4 minutes ago, dancavendish said:

that's the anniversary privy mark bu,

3 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

dan that's bu

The one with the edge lettering is too, I think.

Just too many silver brit issues this year I feel:(

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

that's the anniversary privy mark bu,

The one with the edge lettering is too, I think.

yeah, the one which give a fork,.,,,,,,:D I don't give a fork , I will wait and  buy some later along with ur ATS

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

59 minutes ago, Pete said:

Could this actually work? If we leveraged the buying power of the Forum and get as much interest as Numi's NGC submissions or BYB's Forum poured silver bars, we could easily clear that minimum purchase threshold. 

I kind of get the feeling that if you call a Mint - Royal Mint, Perth Mint, Canadan Mint, Pobjoy or whoever with an offer to buy 100,000 coins but add a privy mark or stamp the edge for an anniversary, commemorative event or whatever .... They would be quite happy to take your cash. 

Maybe we can commission a coin outselves but I fear the price would turn off many as does $54 for this coin.

Archived