• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Was £724 The Golden Opportunity

craig12

I think we need to start a new thread, Dealer hot deals. If anyone sees good value post it in the thread. Sometimes a German/euro dealer will have a special on an overstocked coin , normally the previous year of a series, when the new issue is due. The truth is best value is in group buys, but I don't think this forum is ready . also silver to go need to offer free ship deals, amazing the amount of silver a dealer will sell with a free ship promotion

I think we need to start a new thread, Dealer hot deals. If anyone sees good value post it in the thread. Sometimes a German/euro dealer will have a special on an overstocked coin , normally the previous year of a series, when the new issue is due. The truth is best value is in group buys, but I don't think this forum is ready . also silver to go need to offer free ship deals, amazing the amount of silver a dealer will sell with a free ship promotion

Agreed Dave.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with lunar horse prices when the goat is released.

There have been a few group buys (ish) on here that have gone pretty well, the forum is finding it's feet on those though at the moment as you quite rightly say.

I reckon Atkinsons have done very well from the free shipping, if a European dealer did this (and maybe mix & match) then I think they would corner the market!!!

Stacker since 2013

Agreed Dave.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with lunar horse prices when the goat is released.

There have been a few group buys (ish) on here that have gone pretty well, the forum is finding it's feet on those though at the moment as you quite rightly say.

I reckon Atkinsons have done very well from the free shipping, if a European dealer did this (and maybe mix & match) then I think they would corner the market!!!

Rumour has it that the goat is not popular, just like the snake, will be easy to get with out over paying, I have 1 complete set of lunar 1 coins , and up to date with the series 2 , also have 3 lunar 2 sets up to date for grand kids , all with boxes , have to buy 10 coins every year just to keep up and have some for trade. Hopefully the group buying will take off, and we can get the 100 or 500 oz rate . Group buying has been a large part of my trading on another forum, each and every one has been a good deal

I hope it's not popular, better pick up prices ;)

I'm more interested in the RM lunars though, just because I happened to be around when the series started so won't need to backdate 

Blimey you are doing well Dave.

You just doing 1oz for series 1 & 2 or all sizes?

I have to buy about 60oz a year to keep up my sets, it's getting silly now. May have to cut back.

I'm still considering completing a 1oz BU set of lunar series 1, just need to start it off.

Group buys will take off here, we just need to give it time mate.

Stacker since 2013

Only the 1oz Danny , did get carried away in 2012 and bought the typeset 1/2-10oz inc box when silver was far from cheap and demand was well over the top , but I think the dragon coin has the greatest detail , 10 oz is a masterpiece on its own for the detail. I think the horse series would also be the one to hold on to , will have good resale in about 5/6 years takes that long to appreciate

Only the 1oz Danny , did get carried away in 2012 and bought the typeset 1/2-10oz inc box when silver was far from cheap and demand was well over the top , but I think the dragon coin has the greatest detail , 10 oz is a masterpiece on its own for the detail. I think the horse series would also be the one to hold on to , will have good resale in about 5/6 years takes that long to appreciate

Nice Dave, I'd love the dragon typeset. My first typeset was the horse, so I hope your prediction is right!!!

I'll take a 1/2oz to 10oz set from each year now going forward, but also have to service my 1/2oz - 2oz sets. Gets expensive.

I basically need 22oz of goat.

Oh, and I need some collectors boxes too, I made my typeset one myself but not sure I can be arsed doing it 5 times.

Stacker since 2013

Blimey you are doing well Dave.

You just doing 1oz for series 1 & 2 or all sizes?

I have to buy about 60oz a year to keep up my sets, it's getting silly now. May have to cut back.

I'm still considering completing a 1oz BU set of lunar series 1, just need to start it off.

Group buys will take off here, we just need to give it time mate.

I just recently came across a guy with some Lunar l. 1 and 1/2 ozers. PM me I can give you a contact

• 5 years later...
On 04/07/2014 at 19:08, Danny-boy said:

Craig, as you know it's anybody's guess.

You'll get people to say it will drop back, others will say it's going to the moon. They both hold the same credibility.

In a couple of months time you will be moaning that it's over £800 and saying you should have bought at £760.

Or maybe you will be laughing and buying at £690.

It's early in the morning in pandemic 2020 and I thought I'd get in the time machine and sniff around 2014... @Danny-boy You were spot on with over £800 later that year (brief blip) AND spot on because gold did dip back to £690 (THAT was the golden opportunity) early 2015 then... the rest is history. So, the question is... Am I breaking forum rules by time machining AND Danny Boy, what are your predictions for the months ahead!?

Edit: This is going to confuse the top of the forum. haha 

On 04/07/2014 at 23:20, Dave said:

Rumour has it that the goat is not popular, just like the snake, will be easy to get with out over paying

I’d would happily purchase a british royal mint lunar snake gold coin - it’s my zodiac animal 😁

Archived