• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Purchasing Gold & Silver in June - election

With the election coming up, has anyone got any advice on purchasing in June?  I'm not sure whether to hold off until the election, if the conservatives win, the pound should be stronger but also PM may rise if things seem stable. 

I made a big order in May just before silver dropped to under £13 but the pound was stronger so didn't miss out too much. 

It won't be a huge saving, maybe £40 but no one wants to be paying more when they are stacking. 

16 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

if the conservatives win, the pound should be stronger >>> have to be a big margin , if it is a close result  sterling will be weak .

trouble is with these things, if something is expected it will already be priced in. It's the unexpected that moves markets.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

23 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

trouble is with these things, if something is expected it will already be priced in. It's the unexpected that moves markets.

That's why Pound gone weaker since option poll show gap has been close

dont forget people will di risk just about a week before the events also 

This also apply to fed rates increase 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

I doubt very much the price of PMs will be affected by our general election.
I am sure the price will fluctuate as it always does - commodities are high risk investments.
The problem with news and media is they seem to be able to fit events to spot prices after the horse has bolted and not before.
Maybe North Korea firing a missile into the Japanese sea or a major political leader joining forces with another against the trend will impact PMs, or maybe just the weather ?
I've given up trying to predict prices and like many others the price will fall once I placed my order and rise when I hesitate to order.

I not sure, I would expect a bounce in sterling if the Tories win untill the emergency budget!  Remember as soon as parliament was disbanded Carney (BOE) came out and weakened the £, a weak £ is no good for the public and is not very good for most business. 

I think we are in the sh-t the stock market is a pointer if it starts to sell off and money goes into gold Labour have won if the stock market rallies the Tories have won though there is a lesson I don't believe either wants a stronger £ though Labour would let sterling strengthen more than the Conservatives in the long run.

Archived