• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Chards your experience?

rebnah

Interested to see what your experience is with this company?

I paid £9 for next day delivery on a particular gold item which was still cheaper than another supplier inc the postage cost.

I also called Chards early morning with a few questions I.e shipping, packaging etc as I've never ordered from them before.

I was told if I place my order before 1pm I would get my item by 1pm the next day?

I ordered well before the shut off time but got nothing today other than an email stating my item had only just been despatched?

So I gave then a call and the lady was extremely unhelpful and showed no signs of good customer service.

My personal experience with them as a first time buyer has. It been to my satisfaction. I hope they do better with my future purchases.

I had a major issue with their packaging once didn't buy since. £500 of coins in a Jiffa bag that was opened at the side but I signed before I saw the opening. Luckily the coins were there! Not a fan. Atkinsons and STG were always good. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I've ordered with them a few times. Only last week I received two 1973 IOM sovs.

I ordered before 1 pm for next day del. Coins sent the following day

However I asked if they could pick the best coins. So that would explain the shipping delay.

Coins received we'll packaged and protected.

Very happy with the service received.

I have ordered from Chards lots of times over the years and have never had any problems. I always phone, always ask when will the item will be delivered.  

Just a point about taking delivery of any precious metal package not just from Chards from any dealer or any seller:- I always film taking the box/ package, I film  all around the box/package before i sign.  This can help if any clam is needed.   

No problems with Chards at all , but have had a problem with Atkinsons with a scratched up 2002 sovereign coin they sent me after spending 3k with them , haven't bought from them since .

Bought from chards once, never again the royal mint tubes were open and coins loose in the Jiffy bag, all scratched up. Phoned to let them know and they said the tubes must have come open during delivery the royal mint tubes are tough to open and don't just come undone on there own. Terrible service. STG from now on.

6 hours ago, rebnah said:

I ordered well before the shut off time but got nothing today other than an email stating my item had only just been despatched?

So I gave then a call and they never gave a dam!

Personally I've never had any issues with them.

I don't know who you spoke to but if I had received that attitude, I'd have asked to speak to the office manager and then sent @ChardLizzie a message on here. I can't believe they really don't give a damn about customer service, they've been in business too long to survive with such an attitude.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

15 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

Personally I've never had any issues with them.

I don't know who you spoke to but if I had received that attitude, I'd have asked to speak to the office manager and then sent @ChardLizzie a message on here. I can't believe they really don't give a damn about customer service, they've been in business too long to survive with such an attitude.

Sounded like some Indian woman?

I was surprised too. Especially as I explained I'm a new customer and it was my first experience of their company.

I hope we can work this issue out.

3 hours ago, Coincollector said:

Bought from chards once, never again the royal mint tubes were open and coins loose in the Jiffy bag, all scratched up. Phoned to let them know and they said the tubes must have come open during delivery the royal mint tubes are tough to open and don't just come undone on there own. Terrible service. STG from now on.

I find it hard that the tubes would open during postage?

Did they have the original tape on them still? If so that stuff is extremely sticky.

They must have unsealed them or made up a tube and used crap tape.

3 hours ago, Coincollector said:

Hi, We're sorry to hear this. We usually would wrap the tubes in bubble wrap before inserting them in the jiffy bag as we wouldn't want the coins to make a noise during transit. Totally agree that the RM tubes are tough to open and highly unlikely that they had come undone by themselves. Could the parcel have been opened before you received it? We're not open until Tuesday but if you want to give me a call I would be happy to discuss this with you.

6 hours ago, rebnah said:

Interested to see what your experience is with this company?

I paid £9 for next day delivery on a particular gold item which was still cheaper than another supplier inc the postage cost.

I also called Chards early morning with a few questions I.e shipping, packaging etc as I've never ordered from them before.

I was told if I place my order before 1pm I would get my item by 1pm the next day?

So I gave then a call and they never gave a dam!

My personal experience with them as a first time buyer is rubbish So sod them, I said I will not place anymore orders with them now!

Hi, I'm sorry that this happened, it shouldn't have. We have been trying a new system in processing orders and hadn't realised it had created a glitch. We have discussed this in-house and have added steps to ensure that in future any orders placed before 1pm are dispatched the same day. We are a fairly small company and are continuously looking at ways to improve. I will make sure this is brought up next week when we re-open. Your custom is important to us, as is your feedback. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you that we can provide excellent service. If you would like to discuss this with me DM your number and I will call you on Tuesday.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I'm sorry to read that there has been issues with the packaging, delivery times and customer service. I will be bringing these issues up with the team on Tuesday. It is important for us to hear the negatives as well as the positives. Yes, we often prefer the positives, but it is the negatives that help a company to improve their service.

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to call either myself or Rochelle, our operations manager during opening hours on 01253 343081. Our goal is to provide you with a first class service at all times. Whether you are spending £10 or £1 million, you are important to us and without your support we wouldn't be here.

I always email them and ask for condition before I buy , I never ring them because I am not in hurry , normally takes a few days to reply  and then after a week of 2 I will buy from them

forgot when was the first time but first time took 5 days to arrive , 2,3,4,5 times and so on  takes about 2-3 working days to arrive and so far so good

but I think the packaging needs a bit more bubbles  or paper to fill the gaps especially when send with one box or one items

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

9 hours ago, ChardLizzie said:

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. I'm sorry to read that there has been issues with the packaging, delivery times and customer service. I will be bringing these issues up with the team on Tuesday. It is important for us to hear the negatives as well as the positives. Yes, we often prefer the positives, but it is the negatives that help a company to improve their service.

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to call either myself or Rochelle, our operations manager during opening hours on 01253 343081. Our goal is to provide you with a first class service at all times. Whether you are spending £10 or £1 million, you are important to us and without your support we wouldn't be here.

Hi Lizzie, Just to confirm that I have used your company on lots of occasions, going back many years, usually buying Pandas! I have never had anything other than superb reliable service.

I have noted recently (and I will try to use my words carefully) that this forum IMHO is been slowly taken over by the type of people who think they are the next big thing since they have purchased a Proof Silver coin and then whinge and cry when things dont go quite to plan, also ready to instantly castigate any company or person when some obscure thing doesnt go their way, on a public forum, ready to destroy reputations made over many years.

Please read back over the last month, I would kindly suggest to a lot of people on this forum, reassess your reasons for "investing" in PMs, do more research and stop crying publicly when things dont go your way, it isnt very endearing!

Mods feel free to remove if you feel that some of the sensitive souls feelings may be hurt!

Cheers

Dave

Archived