• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Next Proof Queen's Beasts - Unicorn of Scotland?

I was looking at the UK Gazette and noticed the following: https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2771383

These match the denominations of the Lion of England proof coins.

I wonder if they'll do something interesting and release the next beast in Proof before its Bullion counterparts?

Edit: This is my first topic so apologies if it's in the wrong forum.

30 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I was looking at the UK Gazette and noticed the following: https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2771383

These match the denominations of the Lion of England proof coins.

I wonder if they'll do something interesting and release the next beast in Proof before its Bullion counterparts?

Edit: This is my first topic so apologies if it's in the wrong forum.

Very interesting!  I think I had also heard The Black Bull of Clarence might be next but the Proclamation you found certainly points to Unicorn.  Great find @westminstrel!

I have a thing for Dragons, and the Red Dragon of Wales design is very beautiful I think. I won't be getting any of the proofs as that's a big commitment for me financially, but I do intend getting the bullion versions over time.

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I have a thing for Dragons, and the Red Dragon of Wales design is very beautiful I think. I won't be getting any of the proofs as that's a big commitment for me financially, but I do intend getting the bullion versions over time.

problem now is if you are going for proof, 1/4 isn't easy to find , one ounce is 1900 pounds

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

2 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

problem now is if you are going for proof, 1/4 isn't easy to find , one ounce is 1900 pounds

Indeed! I haven't seen them show up on eBay very much either. I suppose that's the thing with most proofs - you always wish you bought them in hindsight :)

@westminstrel - welcome to the Forum, and thankyou for educating us all, as I can say I had no idea about the Gazette (and congrats on the scoop). 

Quite a piece of proclamation. "God Save The Queen" as the closer?. 

I am going to predict that a beast from Northern Ireland will follow the Scottish Unicorn....to keep peace across the Union! 

On 2017-5-24 at 00:58, fehk2001 said:

There might be a few for sale soon, as i said on another thread a few days ago the mint sold the remaining stock to an overseas buyer.

I have two of these so may also have one for sale in the future :)

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

2 hours ago, Lindeman said:

@westminstrel - welcome to the Forum, and thankyou for educating us all, as I can say I had no idea about the Gazette (and congrats on the scoop). 

Quite a piece of proclamation. "God Save The Queen" as the closer?. 

I am going to predict that a beast from Northern Ireland will follow the Scottish Unicorn....to keep peace across the Union! 

Aww thanks for the kind words :) 

Yeah that proclamation seemed rather grand!

And it's going to be exciting seeing which beast they release next, and what the design will be. It'll definitely be cool to see them all arrayed at some point.

Archived