• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

Pipers

GENERAL ELECTION

210 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SpacedMarine said:

I know what youre saying but its hardly likely n.korea or iran would be able to nuke the u.k. for now at least.israel,japan or australia possibly but even thats a stretch in my opinion.

Unless it was a suitcase nuke in which case you wouldnt know who did it.

In 2000 years, Iran hasn't attacked anyone.  They are liberalising and we have more in common with the Iranians than we do the Iraqis, Saudis or Qataris.  They are also dialling down their nuclear programme to a fairly manageable level.

North Korea is a worry with its nuclear programme, but not directly to the UK.  Of more concern to the UK should be the increase in Chinese submarine activity - expect to see Chinese SSBNs operating in the Atlantic and Med within 5 years.

2 hours ago, Oldun said:

I am talking about this election as per the title and you drift off into the past. That and the fact that you speak down to people is not appreciated. Enjoy your opinion.

I apoligise Oldun if you believe I have spoken down to you. I would not want to do that. 

I have a right to put my opinion across, it was not me who brought up Blue Streak!

savoyard likes this

My linking point about Brexit negotiations and Red Kens transport negotiations was that everyone thought it would be a gravy train for the bus companies because Red Ken could not negotiate or would be a bad negotiator.  

This was incorrect in fact he turned out to be a very good negotiator because he employed the best people for the job!  So looking forward if Labour did win the General Election they probably would do the same and employ the best negotiators for the job.      

4 minutes ago, Pipers said:

My linking point about Brexit negotiations and Red Kens transport negotiations was that everyone thought it would be a gravy train for the bus companies because Red Ken could not negotiate or would be a bad negotiator.  

This was incorrect in fact he turned out to be a very good negotiator because he employed the best people for the job!  So looking forward if Labour did win the General Election they probably would do the same and employ the best negotiators for the job.      

I doubt it, ken was a bit of a maverick.

Mariner1961 likes this

28 minutes ago, Pipers said:

I apoligise Oldun if you believe I have spoken down to you. I would not want to do that. 

I have a right to put my opinion across, it was not me who brought up Blue Streak!

No drama :) 

May will win this in my opinion and if Boris doesn't bugger it up (evens) you may well see him replace May....labour are back in the bad old days of Michael Foot....looney, out of touch and scruffy.

Edited by Oldun
Mariner1961 likes this

BETTING  ODDS 

OUTRIGHT WIN BEST ODDS

CONSERVATIVE - 1-9 BETDAQ and BETSTARS

LABOUR            -  7-1 BETFAIR

IF YOU FANCY A  HUNG PARLIAMENT

YES      -  3-1   32RED  888SPORT  UNIBET

NO       - 1-5   32RED  888SPORT   UNIBET

Pipers has spoken and  has had a touch on a hung parliament.  

Well, after the awful events of Saturday night and the response from Mrs May I have to say that I'm not particularly encouraged by her.  More stupid talk of controlling the internet which I actually wrote to my MP about last week.  Lets not try to emulate North Korea for goodness sake.  Controlling what you or I say to each other online will have zero effect on our safety but a very corrosive one on our liberty.  If we want to look somewhere to take action we should start with the vile hate preachers that have been speaking quite openly in our streets and also in mosques and religious schools about the destruction of our society and the introduction of religious law for the land.  This has gone on for 15 years without any formal response and now is the time to tackle that issue.  Thankfully the vile Anjem choudary is now finally in prison but he'll be out in a couple of years which is a disgrace and he should have been put there well over a decade ago.

I will still be voting for the Tories though.  Anything short of a majority for the Tories will see our £ smashed and Brexit overturned.  This would be a catastrophe in my opinion.  The big three in the shadow cabinet are like the three stooges.  None of them are even remotely qualified to be anywhere near the levers of power and they would be the hardest left wing government this country has seen in many decades if not a century.  Between Mcdonnell and his Marxism, Abbott and her racism and Corbyn and his terrorist sympathies(basically anyone at all that is anti British) it's a wonder that they're polling over 10%.

I'm sure that some of you that may be intending to vote for them have your own reasons and fair enough.  I personally think they're too dangerous and should be rejected at all costs.  I remember well the three day weeks and the power cuts and all the violence.  Not a good time that.  I imagine it would not be long before a return to that sort of chaos took hold under comrade Mcdonnell.

Well, after the awful events of Saturday night and the response from Mrs May I have to say that I'm not particularly encouraged by her.  More stupid talk of controlling the internet which I actually wrote to my MP about last week.  Lets not try to emulate North Korea for goodness sake.  Controlling what you or I say to each other online will have zero effect on our safety but a very corrosive one on our liberty.  If we want to look somewhere to take action we should start with the vile hate preachers that have been speaking quite openly in our streets and also in mosques and religious schools about the destruction of our society and the introduction of religious law for the land.  This has gone on for 15 years without any formal response and now is the time to tackle that issue.  Thankfully the vile Anjem choudary is now finally in prison but he'll be out in a couple of years which is a disgrace and he should have been put there well over a decade ago.
I will still be voting for the Tories though.  Anything short of a majority for the Tories will see our £ smashed and Brexit overturned.  This would be a catastrophe in my opinion.  The big three in the shadow cabinet are like the three stooges.  None of them are even remotely qualified to be anywhere near the levers of power and they would be the hardest left wing government this country has seen in many decades if not a century.  Between Mcdonnell and his Marxism, Abbott and her racism and Corbyn and his terrorist sympathies(basically anyone at all that is anti British) it's a wonder that they're polling over 10%.
I'm sure that some of you that may be intending to vote for them have your own reasons and fair enough.  I personally think they're too dangerous and should be rejected at all costs.  I remember well the three day weeks and the power cuts and all the violence.  Not a good time that.  I imagine it would not be long before a return to that sort of chaos took hold under comrade Mcdonnell.

Spot on as regards those three.

I'm no fan of Labour, but Theresa May and the Tories are in no position to use the 'terrorist sympathiser' narrative against Corbyn given May's record as Home Sec during the Libyan conflict. British Libyans, including the recent Manchester bomber, were given a free pass to go and fight against Gaddafi despite the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group they were part of being a recognised al-Qaeda affiliated terrorist organisation. This goes beyond 'terrorist sympathies', and indeed is nothing short of direct complicity in acts of international terrorism. It should be one of the biggest political scandals of our generation.

May said on the doorstep of no10 after the London attack that we are too tolerant of extremism. Yes we are Theresa, at government and diplomatic level. We all know where this ideology comes from and who funds the preaching of it around the world. But until we have a government with radically different foreign policy, we will continue to ignore it and prioritise lucrative alliances over the safety of our own people.

Jay2, Pipers, arcglide and 1 other like this

Like I have kept telling everyone who would listen, the Tories only look out for wealth and privilege, they are not free marketeers well most are not some are.  The Conservative manifesto give the Tories the go ahead to do anything they want.  

Anyway the Polls are all over the place from a Conservative 70 Majority to a Hung Parliament.  

The best bet if one were to take an interest would be to back a hung Parliament at 4-1 Coral and hedge with GOLD, EASY!!!    

43 minutes ago, Pipers said:

Like I have kept telling everyone who would listen, the Tories only look out for wealth and privilege, they are not free marketeers well most are not some are.  The Conservative manifesto give the Tories the go ahead to do anything they want.  

Anyway the Polls are all over the place from a Conservative 70 Majority to a Hung Parliament.  

The best bet if one were to take an interest would be to back a hung Parliament at 4-1 Coral and hedge with GOLD, EASY!!!    

They are the party of royalty labour is the communist party basically.

What a choice!

Edited by SpacedMarine

I don't think there's value in the majority-seats betting; better to cross reference Leave-voting areas with areas of high UKIP votes in the last election.  Add UKIP to Tory and there's some interesting results.

Dagenham looks to offer value.

Mistake to just add ukip to Tory esp in Northern half of the country, a lot of people would rather not vote than vote conservative. A lot of working class who voted ukip would never ever vote Tory. 

Am I seeing this right? Exit poll says 314 con, 266 Lab 34 SNP 14 LD

314 Tory

314 Lab/Lib/SNP coalition.

Back to the polling booth we go then?

Tory Lib Dem coalition and give he kids heir free uni tuition back or some other concession. Thing is Lib Dems are very pro EU so I can't see that happening. I think another election could happen??? 

Christ on a bloody bike.

If these Exit Polls are in any way correct, we're going back to the polls in November time.

2 minutes ago, Clens92 said:

Christ on a bloody bike.

If these Exit Polls are in any way correct, we're going back to the polls in November time.

I bet on no overall majority when the odds was 8/1  shall I get rid of it and take profit :blink: 

I wonder how long May will last now. With her majority before she called this election compared to the exit polls now, I am surprised she has not resigned already :lol:

whitesands1 likes this

Hi people,I was planning on going to bed after the exit polls but now I cant! I am glued!

Just now, KDave said:

I wonder how long May will last now. With her majority before she called this election compared to the exit polls now, I am surprised she has not resigned already :lol:

She would have failed her own trick she would have to step down surely?

whitesands1 likes this

Everyone on TV making their excuses now!  How about Jerry for PM, Angus Robertson (SNP) for Deputy PM supported by the small parties.  Jerry and John handing out the £50 notes, Angus getting a referendum for Scotland and Clegg as new leader for Liberals getting a Brexit rerun............. this couldn't be worse than the mess the politicians have made of this.  Compulsive viewing on BBC!

KDave and Avlis like this

Interesting first result.  Big turnout, but the exit polls appear to have wrongly favoured Labour by 10% in terms of share of the vote.

I have no idea what it means, but it's interesting :P

JSILVER likes this