• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Bullion Platinum bars

MickB

Just now, Jay2 said:

Wow.. those are too big for Platinum, surely!

Also, is platinum exempt from CGT and all the same status gold enjoys?

My feeling is no, but I could be wrong!

Turns out it's VAT free if you keep it in their vault, then sell it back to them from their vault. As soon as you request delivery on vaulted metals, they slap VAT on it. But their Platinum FAQ has no mention of CGT, etc.

https://articles.royalmintbullion.com/faqs/#platinum

EDIT:

Oh, interesting:

"Unlike coins, our RMR bars and Signature Gold™ are subject to UK capital gains tax. We recommend that you contact a tax expert for advice."  ~RM

I do like seeing the government mints selling bars.  I had thought only the RCM was selling Silver bars (I've got a nice 10 oz Silver RCM bar) but the 'roo bars from Perth are also a welcome addition (although at a higher premium than you'd like to see with bars).

11 hours ago, Vacendak said:

Isn't there a Queen Beast Lion coming in platinum? 1 oz. not a 2 oz.

Must have picked that somewhere in one of those email from the Royal Mint.

@Silverhunter posted an image of the platinum Queens beast lion on the; 'Platinum - Who's buying?' thread.

I wish they would do 1/10oz versions of platinum and gold Queens Beasts!

Proof versions in 1/10oz and it will be very difficult not to keep funds ring-fenced for the old numismatic stuff I usually go for? At the moment the toss up is between the 1/4oz and something from the 1800's and the latter is still winning!

As the RM do 1/10oz Britannia's and lunars it seems to be a huge missed opportunity as most other coins have 1/10oz versions (maybe the design just doesn't work for the smaller size?)

Archived