• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Flipping art, easy money

9 hours ago, mr-dead said:

The miss universe I have is worth around £4.5k as its an artist proof with only 5 available.

Standard version xx/150 - around £3k

Coloured version xx/10 - around £4k

Thanks for the reply. Amazing picture

• 3 weeks later...

I buy art to look at and enjoy.

I never buy from any swanky dealer, most of my art has come from young artists or out of fashion artists who i like.  It's quite funny how a so called experts opinion can carry so much weight, I bought a painting direct from an Artist who i know who is quite well known it is signed it has a receipt and a letter, a so called expert reviewed the painting and proclaimed it a fake which i know it isn't as i had bought it and seen the artist paint some of the painting.   I had to get the Artist to directly tell the 'expert' that it wasn't a fake, so there you have it the experts are not so expert.  

Opinions are everything in art,  'a rich mans opinion is worth a lot of weight, 2 rich mens opinions are worth even more and 3 even more, the quality of the painting is secondary'.       

• 2 weeks later...

Mr-Dead, thank you for this thread, please keep posting art idea's here and any other links you might have for where to buy these cool pieces.  I have never much been into art but I am appreciating it more as I get older.  I don't care that much about flipping but would like to pick up some pieces for personal enjoyment.  I like the John Doe and Roamcouch.

6 hours ago, breaktwister said:

Mr-Dead, thank you for this thread, please keep posting art idea's here and any other links you might have for where to buy these cool pieces.  I have never much been into art but I am appreciating it more as I get older.  I don't care that much about flipping but would like to pick up some pieces for personal enjoyment.  I like the John Doe and Roamcouch.

Good place to buy here, cheaper than ebay : http://urbanartassociation.com/board/29/art-sale

New invader coming soon if you want to try your luck grabbing one and flipping on ebay: http://urbanartassociation.com/thread/145998/new-invader-invasion-kit-release

Edited by mr-dead

I'm not sure I get this invader stuff. What is an invader "kit"? Seems bonkers to pay so much for a few pieces of plastic in the shape of a Spacer Invaders logo? Seems like little talent to produce so I am sure there is something going on that is over my head!

12 hours ago, breaktwister said:

I'm not sure I get this invader stuff. What is an invader "kit"? Seems bonkers to pay so much for a few pieces of plastic in the shape of a Spacer Invaders logo? Seems like little talent to produce so I am sure there is something going on that is over my head!

I too have this question.  From what I've read, it seems to come in an unpacked form and the purchaser can choose to assemble it as an art-piece or keep it in the box for resale.   (I think).

Christ on a bloody bike... the Invader kit is coming to market.  Ltd edition of 25, to be auctioned via Sealed Bid process.  Suggested minimum bid is 8000 euro... I might throw a cheeky £1k bid in there to lowball everyone :P 

• 5 months later...

Hows the art collecting going @mr-dead ?

I was looking at sold art on Ebay yesterday for some reason, lots of Invader stuff

Without looking, id like you guys to guess how much this signed print Mona Lisa by Invader, 1 of 50, sold for

s-l1600.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Kman said:

Hows the art collecting going @mr-dead ?

I was looking at sold art on Ebay yesterday for some reason, lots of Invader stuff

Without looking, id like you guys to guess how much this signed print Mona Lisa by Invader, 1 of 50, sold for

s-l1600.jpg

>£4000  <£6000

On 11/26/2017 at 22:32, reidpj said:

>£4000  <£6000

Excellent guess, was £4,200.00

£4.2k for a print of tetris pixel art of someone else's art 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

On 26 November 2017 at 21:48, mr-dead said:

Grabbed a few more pieces recently.

Latest one I am waiting on being delivered is this Geremy Geddes piece,  bought his one for myself as I really like his work

gedes.PNG

Do you like Lorenzo Quinn's art? 

He has some exceptional work. I'm not on the same scale as you in buying terms but I'm glad I bought a 'Trust' sculpture a few years back. It sits well in my living room.

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use