• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

Pampfan

Freedom of information request - Royal mint

24 posts in this topic

Just sent the royal mint a freedom of information request for the mintages and sales of the queens beast series - gold and silver - proof and bullion. 

Will let everyone know how they respond.

Kman, greenrizz, MickB and 6 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pampfan said:

Just sent the royal mint a freedom of information request for the mintages and sales of the queens beast series - gold and silver - proof and bullion. 

Will let everyone know how they respond.

I've always found it funny how non-Brits have the right to make an FOI request to a British company.

I have a feeling that it will be rejected, due to commercial sensitivity.  You might get mintages, but I would be surprised if sales were released at this stage.

Pampfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clens92 said:

I've always found it funny how non-Brits have the right to make an FOI request to a British company..

That was my first thought, would they actually accept it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received confirmation that my request was received by the royal mint and is being processed.  I will receive an answer in 20 days. 

 I am very interested in what they will be sending.  Could be a real game changer in everyone's strategy in collecting these coins.

 

 

 

sovereignsteve and stevelo1973 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pampfan said:

Just received confirmation that my request was received by the royal mint and is being processed.  I will receive an answer in 20 days. 

 I am very interested in what they will be sending.  Could be a real game changer in everyone's strategy in collecting these coins.

 

 

 

I think everyone bought them because design wise they look good. I wonder if a high mintage is revealed, will people monkey branch to other coins...

If it's a relatively low mintage then the price is going to rocket to the moon.

Pampfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Not too long to wait now.

I was wondering myself a few minutes ago, if were going to get an answer on this soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017年5月15日 at 02:03, Pampfan said:

Just received confirmation that my request was received by the royal mint and is being processed.  I will receive an answer in 20 days. 

 

Edited by Oldun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pampfan,

Queen's beast series mintage: A lot.

Sadly, we don't count how many we produce.

But you are free to come to the mint and track this for us.

Sincerely,

RM

6 minutes ago, Pampfan said:

Update - still waiting for the response- should be coming soon 

 

Pampfan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ngc site has always displayed a 20,000 mintage number right from the get go for the gold 1/4oz lion....how would they have known and will it be proven to  be right.....:ph34r:

forgottenmemorie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the response - I have been trying to copy the chart but can't do it on my phone - I will post it tonight. 

Very interesting as the chart says there are no mintage limits on the bullion coins - @Oldun ngc was correct with a total to date mintage of 20000 on the 1/4 ounce gold lion. 

I'll get this up as soon as I can. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pampfan said:

Just got the response - I have been trying to copy the chart but can't do it on my phone - I will post it tonight. 

Very interesting as the chart says there are no mintage limits on the bullion coins - @Oldun ngc was correct with a total to date mintage of 20000 on the 1/4 ounce gold lion. 

I'll get this up as soon as I can. 

 

 

 

It's almost like they're dodging the question.  Your inquiry, if I understood it correctly, was not "What is the mint limit for each QB coin?"  rather "What were the actual numbers minted?"  I think we all knew the 2 oz Silver BU coins were Unlimited mintage but they're not still minting the 2 oz Silver BU Lion (perhaps not even the Griffin) coin are they?  If not...what the heck was the number of those coins minted???  Not sure why the RM is so shady when it comes to sharing this info.  We're not asking them to explain chaos theory math to us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2017 at 10:16, Pampfan said:

Just got the response - I have been trying to copy the chart but can't do it on my phone - I will post it tonight. 

Very interesting as the chart says there are no mintage limits on the bullion coins - @Oldun ngc was correct with a total to date mintage of 20000 on the 1/4 ounce gold lion. 

I'll get this up as soon as I can. 

 

 

 

Great job!  When I first saw the post I thought like others that you wouldn't get anywhere with it.  Ask and ye shall receive!

Modem21 and Pampfan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now