• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

10oz QB Lion or 1/4oz gold

JohnD

Decisions decisions! Mainly collected 1oz silver so far, a couple of 2oz and a 5oz Libertad, just out of interest mainly picking 1 of each for date runs etc. Now I'm not sure wether to order a 10oz QB which will mean having to buy the others as released or do I buy my first piece of gold and pay a bit more for a 1/4oz? I'm thinking as I'm not really a bulk stacker maybe go with the gold and start to get a piece per month more for investment purpose when I'm older lol. 

8 minutes ago, GoldBenj said:

with the gold price being lower than it has been I'd pick up 1/4oz gold, really nice coins and always good to have some gold in your stack. 

but then again saying that I'm getting both ?

Of course, some people would argue that with the GSR back up at 75, that makes silver the best buy at the moment.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Go for gold! I bought one a couple of weeks back now and it is such a nice coin! It makes me reallly want to get the rest of the series now tho lol, I still might get the 10 oz as I don't have a 10 oz coin yet, but I would rather buy a 10 oz lunar monkey which I need to complete the set

On 2017年5月7日 at 20:04, sovereignsteve said:

Of course, some people would argue that with the GSR back up at 75, that makes silver the best buy at the moment.

But depends on vat if in the uk. 20% bang bye bye on the way in but you are historically right if happy to wait for the timing to make it profitable.....could be tomorrow, could be in a decade.....could be two decades.....depends on timing. They don't call it the devil's metal for nothing and it certainly is a tiny market easily working as a plaything for some fun money for the big players.

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

But depends on vat if in the uk. 20% bang bye bye on the way in but you are historically right if happy to wait for the timing to make it profitable.....could be tomorrow, could be in a decade.....could be two decades.....depends on timing. They don't call it the devil's metal for nothing and it certainly is a tiny market easily working as a plaything for some fun money for the big players.

I didn't say that would be my argument or opinion ;)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I just got the gold set last week and love them some peeps on here say the silver 10 oz is nice to hard one to choose I would say get some gold I'm starting to get hooked on sovereigns myself there just tops for everything lol

10 minutes ago, rebnah said:

Get both. I'm going to collect the set in 1/4 gold, 2oz silver and 10oz silver.

Nice project and hopefully you will stick it to the end.
Who are your preferred suppliers of these Beasts if you don't mind me asking ?

All the Silver from Goldsilver.be

1/4 golds Griffin and Dragon from royal mint because if I buy the coins from elsewhere I still need to buy the mints capsules for them and their about £9 a pop.

They will be in new capsules from royal Mint already so will work out the same.

Then I got the 1/4 gold Lion from Atkinsons.

Anyone know how often the 10oz beasts should be coming out?

I think their stunning

Archived