• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Are You Planning For This GAME CHANGER?

forgottenmemorie

I'm just carrying on doing the same as I don't think it'll make that much difference to the price of silver or gold. Ok the value of the £/$ may change and effect it but look at what's happened to the spot prices this last week. Personally what will have more of an effect will be the trade deal if buying silver from Europe, I've been hit a couple of times on charges from packages from outside the EU so if that starts happening on stuff from Europe  that might sting a bit but then again buying  inside the UK has me paying VAT anyway and that hasn't stopped me buying something I wanted.

Who knows, with the restraints on EU membership removed, perhaps the government will decide to remove VAT from silver, happy days!

Or, add it to gold :-(

Like I say, I'm carrying on as normal .

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I think everything depends on what happens during talks with the EU. At the minute the EU are acting like a dictatorship and is spitting its dummy out at every avenue. Jean Claude Junker is a little bell end who needs a good slapping and i hope Theresa May just sticks 2 fingers up and tells them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Whether the UK relaxes VAT on silver after Brexit is anyones guess, but they're going to need cash if there's a hard Brexit, companies may pull out of the UK, such as BMW and others, it's really hard to gauge right now, but if the numpties in Brussels insist on 92 billion as has now been quoted i can only foresee a hard Brexit

Yep, the latest seems to be EU wanting cake and eat it but it's all pre-negotiation talk at the end of the day and we need to be strong to counter it. I think the best thing that can happen is a government with a decent majority after the election.

My view is always prepare for the worst. I try to hold a set amount of all PM's fiat and cyrpto. I have only really just got into cyrpto currencies though.
Hedge your bets, If the EU collapses I think so will the fiat currencies in many countries.

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

If Le Penne gets voted in as President of France then there could be a vote over there which in my opinion would either end the EU partnerships or a radical change of laws. The EU should have stayed as it was mainly created for, trade between nations, it's got far too big for its boots, interfering in other countries law making is ridiculous, too much beurocracy, too many politicians getting rich from this cash mule, and way too much money being filtered away on crap at the cost of the EU taxpayers...

It will only take one more referendum from a larger nation to break the camels back, long overdue

Spot on. And if it doesn't happen with France it will somewhere else further down the road. They can't see the issue is of their own making, had they been a bit more generous to Cameron we might never have been in this position. What makes the world go round is trade with each other, not politicians. 

I still think it's all negotiation speak and we'll end up with a deal that suits all, 

However, having read Oldun's link, I'm bitterly disappointed we'ill still be in the Eurovision Song Contest, 

6 minutes ago, JSILVER said:

My view is always prepare for the worst. I try to hold a set amount of all PM's fiat and cyrpto. I have only really just got into cyrpto currencies though.
Hedge your bets, If the EU collapses I think so will the fiat currencies in many countries.

Have tried but still can't get my head around the whole crypto currency thing, If it isn't backed by anything does that not make it still a fiat currency? Probably just my ignorance of it.

4 minutes ago, Mariner1961 said:

Have tried but still can't get my head around the whole crypto currency thing, If it isn't backed by anything does that not make it still a fiat currency? Probably just my ignorance of it.

Check out the Ethereum project. There's plenty behind it, bitcoin is now worth ore then gold (not in my eyes). It's digital money. Its worth a read up. Its likely to replace fiat in my lifetime. I still consider PM's the best investment but like I said I just hedge my bets. 

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

Its the taking part that counts :D although its absolute crap. For the football fans though, there's the Europen competitions and the quality players brought to the premier league from within the EU, this is going to have a knock on effect in every direction, although i don't understand how Israeli and Russian clubs are classed as European, thats always been a confusing one

Lol..I always think the Song Contest is really the UK lining up to get a hefty kick between the legs. :-)

5 minutes ago, JSILVER said:

Check out the Ethereum project. There's plenty behind it, bitcoin is now worth ore then gold (not in my eyes). It's digital money. Its worth a read up. Its likely to replace fiat in my lifetime. I still consider PM's the best investment but like I said I just hedge my bets. 

Just now, shortstack68 said:

Its just another fixed voting system to humiliate the UK. How do you go about buying bitcoin anyway, and where from?

I looked at that too mate. I just don't get the whole digital currency thing, is it not the same as stocks and shares, all built around confidence?

Apologies to forgottenmemorie for going off topic.

I know people in Ireland. i could get stuff sent to Ireland and then go pick it up on a visit. What a great idea.

You could take a trip to Belgium and pick stuff up that has been held at goldsilver.be.

i would have stuff sent to Spain. 

Yes you would have to build up a decent amount to make a trip worthwhile but there are lots of ways to get around these inconveniences if they ever were to arise. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

I know people in Ireland. i could get stuff sent to Ireland and then go pick it up on a visit. What a great idea.

You could take a trip to Belgium and pick stuff up that has been held at goldsilver.be.

i would have stuff sent to Spain. 

Yes you would have to build up a decent amount to make a trip worthwhile but there are lots of ways to get around these inconveniences if they ever were to arise. 

Would you not get clobbered for vat by customs if bringing silver back to the UK? Same rules apply currently with channels islands dealers like these guys http://www.bullionrock.com/

buy your silver vat free but if it's posted of personally imported to the uk vat will be charged. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

If you present silver items to the pirates for them to charge you, they will carry out your wishes and charge you. 

i carry legal tender. Currency conversions are VAT free. There is recent case law amplifying the VAT free nature of conversion of currencies where it was held converting central bank currency to Bitcoin is a VAT free transaction. It is VAT free b/c it is currency.

You have switched GBP to EUR and then to say £2 [Britannia] coins. Under section 10 of the Coinage Act 1971, it is an offence to melt down legal tender, so it cannot be seen as anything other than legal tender. 

Present silver to the pirates and they will take your currency. i carry legal tender.

Do you turn out your wallet when you come in on the ferry from France? i don't. Nothing to declare. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Probably business as usual.

Worst case, I might start having silver sent to a relative in Ireland.

Does anyone think it'll be an issue paying from the UK to deliver to Ireland in that scenario? As in they might charge VAT at checkout because of the payment method's address rather than treat it as an intra-EU order? :huh:

Coins are bought in Belgium and sent to another EU country. The coins did not touch the UK, at this point a non-EU country.
How can the UK charge VAT, it is not involved in the chain?

Let's say you lived in Ireland but you still held a UK bank account and cards. Would you be charged differently b/c of the location of the bank account?

The charge occurs at the border. A package from Belgium arrives at the Irish border. It has come from the EU so it doesn't get charged.

In the Big Brother world potentially coins could be paid for in Belgium and the card and passports linked, so when you arrive at Dover the pirates grab you. This seems highly unlikely. The border force seem more interested in drugs and non-existent terrorists.

Archived