• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Starting a PAMP Silver Bar Collection

DanB92

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I'm looking at starting to collect the PAMP minted bars, starting firstly of course with the smallest sizes. Only place I have found a lot of the bars are from bullionbypost.co.uk who, in my opinion, charge ridiculously prices for their products. 

Any information on where I might be able to find a good majority of these products with decent prices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

When you are collecting anything you should first think about getting rid of it. This will stop you over paying and PAMP is one of those things where there is often a very big premium and they are open to being faked. i think it is mainly gold bars but anything that is in a sealed packet that could easily be faked makes me concerned.

I got some large PAMP Fortuna bars second hand from Atkinsons. They were a really good price, they were perfect and they had the paperwork. i have my receipts from Atkinsons so there is a pedigree to them. If the same bars had been on ebay for the same price i doubt i would have bought them. If the same bars had not been a real bargain, irrespective of where they were being sold, i would not have touched them. I am sure i am not the only person thinking like this.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I will not buy pamp for the fake reasons espially on the larger bars. 

If you are into bars and want to start a collection you may need to have a very good friend in the USA who likes sending gifts to you. 

If I was going to buy bars I personally would buy Gierger bars with certs myself straight from Geiger and keep the reicepts if you are paying the premium, and when you are buying buy a set of Noah's ark with certs too.   expensive but most people do not have most size. 

So is it just the PAMP bar's that are at risk of being faked? Because of them being sealed and there being no way to tell without of course opening them up.

Would you say most bars in general are ok to go after? I'm still finding my feet when it comes to silver so this information would help me out as I like both the coins and bars but if there is a risk of a lot of bars being faked I will know to stay away from them haha.

Cheers.

On 5/5/2017 at 21:29, DanB92 said:

So is it just the PAMP bar's that are at risk of being faked? Because of them being sealed and there being no way to tell without of course opening them up.

Would you say most bars in general are ok to go after? I'm still finding my feet when it comes to silver so this information would help me out as I like both the coins and bars but if there is a risk of a lot of bars being faked I will know to stay away from them haha.

Cheers.

i have got quite a lot of bars from other forum members as well as those from Atkinsons. Most my bars are Sheffield bars which are hallmarked. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 5/5/2017 at 21:29, DanB92 said:

Cheers.

i have a far number of bars. i got them at good prices, which is why i have them in the first place. Most of my weight is PAMP kilo bars and Sheffield bars which are hallmarked. i like the idea of hallmarked bars, so i am pleased to see Backyard Bullion is getting his bars [and other silver product] hallmarked at the Edinburgh Assay Office. i think in due course this will pay dividends in the credibility of his product.

Bars get tagged for VAT and unless you get particularly collectable bars you are unlikely to see any change in the value of your silver other than due to the movement of the price of silver. You also have the overhang of 20% tax to carry. So if you are into silver for the long term i think buying collectable coins VAT free in their year of mintage and hanging in will usually produce better returns. 

The upside of bars, however, is [milk spot if it happens] and toning won't harm your value, unless it is an art bar like a PAMP perhaps. The selling price of a numismatic coin is seriously harmed by milk spotting which is why i avoid Canadian coins.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Micky9776 said:

I bet you will be gutted to hand it back then! One of my dream cars lol

Not really mate to be honest I got bored with it after 48hrs

just needed to get it out my system oh but my 7 year old boy loved it.

worth it just to see his face.

Just now, rebnah said:

Not really mate to be honest I got bored with it after 48hrs

just needed to get it out my system oh but my 7 year old boy loved it.

worth it just to see his face.

I love cars so I don't think I would ever get bored of it lol but then again I have never been privileged to drive such a prestige car so I can't really say lol

i bet he did! I bet he was the one that didn't want you to hand it back :) 

If you're really wanting bars and want to avoid the higher premiums that come with Pamp and Geiger AND you want to be sure you're not acquiring pot metal disguised as Silver may I suggest the 10 OZ Silver bars issued by the Royal Canadian Mint.  They're attractive bars each with its unique serial number.  For example, Silver's at $16.77/ounce at this moment.  The RCM 10 OZ bar can be purchased on JM Bullion for $184.50 or $18.46/ounce.

https://www.jmbullion.com/10-oz-royal-canadian-mint-silver-bar/

That said, the 10 OZ Geigers on JM Bullion are $186.50 at the moment.  Not a huge premium but if you're looking to stack and maximize your PM dollars, the RCM bar is a viable option (and government issued).  JM also has 100 gram Pamp Fortuna Silver bars for sale for $78.88.  To get close to 10 OZ (that you'd get with the other two options), you'd need to buy three for a total of $236.55 (and that'd be 9.6 troy ounces).

https://www.jmbullion.com/10-oz-geiger-security-line-silver-bar/

https://www.jmbullion.com/100-gram-pamp-suisse-silver-bar/

Hope this helps and good luck with whatever you decide to purchase!

10-oz-rcm-flat-front.jpgBullion-10oz-Silver-B.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2017 at 14:19, DanB92 said:

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, I'm looking at starting to collect the PAMP minted bars, starting firstly of course with the smallest sizes. Only place I have found a lot of the bars are from bullionbypost.co.uk who, in my opinion, charge ridiculously prices for their products. 

Any information on where I might be able to find a good majority of these products with decent prices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

We currently stock the PAMP Fortuna 1oz and 5oz silver bars.  Also the 1oz PAMP Rooster Lunar bar.  

We also have Scottsdale Mint bars (1oz,100g and 5oz Stackers), 100g Metalor bars, 100g Geiger Security Line bars and 1oz RMC bars.

Our stocks are a bit low at the moment, but we have more stock arriving soon.

Archived