• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Great Britain 1 oz Platinum Queen's Beasts The Lion

In US$ terms it's around 8.5% over spot.  For us in the UK there's another 20% VAT.  

Buying from the UK the premium will probably be closer to 12% or even more (rip off Britain) with 20% VAT on top.  Still, it's a one which I want to add to the collection one day.

Borrowed from Apmex:

Building on the remarkable success of The Queen's Beasts series, The Royal Mint has launched their first ever 1 oz Platinum bullion coin! Bearing the Lion of England, a bold image of the United Kingdom, this first-ever Platinum coin release from The Royal Mint is an iconic and majestic find for those investors seeking a prestigious alternative to Gold or Silver.

Coin Highlights:

• Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
  • Housed in a protective plastic flip. Orders of 10 or more coins come in tubes. Orders of 100 coins or more are packaged in Monster Boxes (10 tubes per box).
  • First Platinum 1 oz bullion coin ever released from The Royal Mint!
  • Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
  • Reverse: Features a majestic lion, metal weight, purity and year.
  • Sovereign coin backed by the British government.

platinum lion.jpg

2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Is it me or does anyone else think the QB is being a little oversaturated?

I've wanted something in platinum for a long time and finally there will be a design I like, so I am pleased

I don't think it's as bad as when the reused the 2014 Britannia design for the £50 coin 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

3 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Is it me or does anyone else think the QB is being a little oversaturated?

Not at all.  Is the Libertad oversaturated?  That comes in 5 onza, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4 down to 1/20 onza in both bullion/proof and in both Silver and Gold...also available in sets for an additional cash grab oh and don't forget reverse proofs...

I've never heard anyone say the Libertad is oversaturated.  Just my two beasty cents.

RM are clearly doing "special" deals with certain dealers in certain countries now upon request. That much is clear. The main area of focus is the US by the looks of it so far. The yanks dont have to pay the 20% and often shipping is free so there is a huge market there. Saturation ? We shall see. The good news is that there will be greater exposure of British silver to new stackers/collectors and that bodes well for earlier silver coins such as the 1997-2011 Britannias and the like. ;) Compared to most bu coins, these mintages are tiny.

2 minutes ago, Oldun said:

There will be. Check my Modern RM thread in the Premium Members Lounge.

Wasn't that 1/4 Plat in reference to a Britannia?

Archived