• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Just found 24oz's, well..... almost

jayboat

Pulled the trigger last night on an order and decided to add it into my excel spreadsheet. As i was adding in new coins, i noticed that the total oz's was not going up. I decided to explore and found that my formula was only adding upto a certain point about 10 coins from the bottom. After correcting the mistake, i seen that i had gained 24oz. 

At first i felt excited like i had just gotten something for free, FREE SILVER :wub: But than after a few seconds, i thought, wait,  i have not gained anything here. These ''extra'' 24oz were stored away safely the whole time, i already had them. Got me to thinking that maybe i should just manually count the whole stack every year are so just to make sure i have what i think i have.

And on the plus side my avg per oz want down nicely as my undated stuff is at the bottom of the sheet and i had a 10oz stacker bar in there that i bought for £110. £11 an oz days are gone i think. So i feeling very happy about that, :D

Anyone ever think they have gotten some silver/gold for free somehow? Are ever did? 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

I would definitely recommend a manual counting of your stack at the very least once per year. In fact this is personally the best thing about this investment. 

That said - It is a risk doing this, as if you look too frequently at your stack, like I did, you will develop an illness, the first symptom of which is a change in language. Your 'stack' of 'metal' will slowly become a 'collection', made up of 'numismatics'. Your £/oz ratio will begin to suffer, slowly to begin with, as this 'collection' as you will call it, begins to grow faster.

Eventually you will no longer think in terms of £/oz, but in strange symbolic references such as MS, AUNC and use words like 'Proof' when describing what used to be a chunk of metal that you would have thrown in a tube with the others.

You have been warned! :P

10 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I do a manual count to check my spreadsheet once every 6 months - plus it is great fun to play with!

10 hours ago, KDave said:

I would definitely recommend a manual counting of your stack at the very least once per year. In fact this is personally the best thing about this investment. 

I recently wrote about taking out my stack and how enjoyable it was to sort through it in another thread this week. When i receive a new order and i have the coins put into quadrum caps,, tubes ect, i normally have to re-arrange my monster boxes to fit them all in nicely with the new additions. The whole process can take a few hours depending on how busy i am. I love laying the lot out and covering the whole coffee table, stacking up layers of quadrum caps, building a wall on long the top of the table with my tubes. Then building my rolled 1/2 oz lunars into a pyramid base and using my 1oz and 2 oz's for the top pieces in the top corner of the table. They tower over everything else. My royal mint carded and boxed stuff, bars and other ends will fill the other top corner. I make sure the whole table is filled out. Its almost art the way i go about it. 

But...............it never really occurred to me to count everything. I used count it loads when i have under 50 oz's but the bigger the stack, the more time it takes and it is now a process. I have only counted it once in the last 3 years when i noticed a 2015 panda missing from the table. I was right and had lost one which i never found. I think a once a year count is in order and good call. I will still cover the coffee table 2-3 times per year for the sear hell of it cause its the perfect way to kill a lazy Sunday afternoon. Even the wife and kids no the living room is off bounds while i play with my other kids :) 

Still cheesed off about losing that panda, how do you even lose silver in the first place?

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

Archived