• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 10oz Queens Beasts Lion BULLION coin

morezone

Is this a mistake?  Listed as 2017 Queen's Beasts Lion in bullion grade and mentions 10oz a couple of times.  Can't be!! Any one with any info?  Retail price of €198.25.

The Royal British Mint presents "2017 Lion The Queen`s Beasts" a new silver bullion coin with 10 ounces of silver coin. The design comes from the series of ten heraldic Queens Beasts sculptures, designed to guard at the coronation ceremony of Majesty Königin Elisabeth II to stand. Each of the ten animals representing an empire in the realm of the Queen. For the design of British coins designer Jody Clark is responsible. On the subject side of the coin of the "Lion of England" is to see which guards the heraldic coat of arms of the United Kingdom. In Rundschrift the name of the subject "Lion of England", the fine silver content of 10 ounces, the metal "Silver", the 999,9, and the year 2017 are stamped on the object side.

• Country of origin: United Kingdom
  • Manufacturer: Royal Mint United Kingdom
  • Fine weight: 311 grams
  • Fineness: 999.9 / 1000
  • Rating: 10 GBP
  • Year of Issue: 2017
  • Diameter: 89.15 mm
  • Grade: prägefrisch / new goods
  • Packing: Capsule

https://auragentum.de/silber/silbermuenzen/silbermuenzen-10-oz/weitere/1928/10-unzen-silbermuenze-queen-s-beasts-lion-2017?c=232

Proof coin has diameter of 65mm whereas this is listed at 89mm.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Scuzzle said:

169 Euros for the QB compared to 195 Euros for a Canadian Maple, it just does not seem right, it's a star buy if it is though.

That's the buy back price.  As mentioned above, the retail is €198.25 at current spot.

3 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

The Brits are €20

When you see this (Benachrichtigen Sie mich, wenn der Artikel lieferbar ist.) It means inform me when the item is back in stock

Yes, I am just using approx prices of various dealers hence the .X.  So let's say Brits are €20.  €20 X 10 = €200 which is close enough to the €198.25.

I am already subscribed to their notification list for a few coins.  Been using these guys for 3 years. Google translate works well with their site.

On 22/02/2017 at 03:45, Oldun said:

That time of the year again.

500, 100, 50, 25, 10, 1 quid and 50p gold coins on their way (Britannia shield and trident with her body combined with The United Kingdom and an inscription of date purity etc

along with  500, 10, 2, 1 quid, 50p, 20p, 10p and 5p silver coins of ditto above design

Oh and a 25 quid platinum too ditto design above

and a 100 quid 1oz platinum .9995 - Lion of England design (Beast Platinum)

and a 10 pound, 10oz silver coin (Lion of England 2017)

and

2017 two pound which has two horses driving a chariot with Britannia in it along the seashore. Plain edge with "1997-2017" on.

and

50p Beatrix Potter coins (Benjamin Bunny, Tom Kitten and Mr. Jeremy Fisher) .925

silver and cupro nickel etc

One source back in Feb and now listed at a German dealer.  Looks like it is happening.  Lead time from Auragentum is 10 days so if all correct, should be popping up for pre-orders in other places soon.

2 hours ago, Oldun said:

Roger that. Inevitable that a bu comes along based onthe fact there is a proof out I would say.

I see that your Feb post was actually referring to the proof version.  It does seem odd that they would bring out a 10oz bullion version.  The dealer could be wrong or it could be that RMB have kept it under wraps.  It could even be a exclusive for one of their overseas dealers/distributors.  With Perth doing 10oz for some time and RCM recently knocking them out as well as the Somali Elephant coming in newer sizes this year, RMB may have decided to jump onboard.  Will be an interesting wait.  If it does materialise I'd like to get one.  At just shy of 90mm it's quite a hefty size.

Maybe they are taking a leaf out of The Mexican Mint and being all cloak and dagger to generate interest ? :ph34r:

Btw, my original February post was for the official approved design only and had nothing to do with proof or bullion as you inferred above:), to clarify. 

3 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Lets hope they're not delivered in tubes :D i'd hate to see the quality if they are

According to both Apmex and Auragentum, they will come in capsules.

I wonder if these were a US client issue since Apmex already has then in stock and there's been no word of it in the UK. Either that or the US gets priority like they have done with the 2ozers.  

Archived