• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What a huge disappointment...

PolarPanda

I really enjoyed my experience with EMK and I'm across the pond. The coins arrived timely considering the miles they had to travel and were very well packaged/protected. Just another data point and my black spotted two cents ;)

When i am looking for new Bu stuff, it often depends on what the coins are, who minted them, and how they are sent out by a mint before i decide who i'm going to buy from. For instance, buying the latest swan or kook. It's Perth mint, and capsuled. No problem buying something like that from any of the big dealers, shopping around for the best price and shipping, depending how many you are after. Large, faceless dealers are great as long as you don't end up with a quality problem with the coins you receive. They take the "it's bullion" attitude and honestly i can't blame them for that. They don't claim to be suppliers of collector condition bullion, not at their prices and scale. So it's best to only buy from them the stuff you are reasonably confident won't have much quality issues anyway, no matter how they are tossed about or then handled by the dealers employees. As a collector, that is, with a view to holding certain Bu for a future premium. The stackers buying bulk won't give a hoot if the likes of the Athens owl has minor problems. It's low premium. Attractive and interesting from a lot of other stuff, yes, but still intended as a low cost, loose silver bullion product.

If a new cheap-as-chips bu coin, like the owl, comes along, and they are loose in a tube, uncapsuled and may have staining issues, And apart from the ridges on that particular coin being an extra worry by rubbing and rattling against each other in the tube....... if i'm buying this as a collector with an eye to getting perfect examples for future premiums, it's best to always go with the smaller dealer who knows you by email already and will deal with individual requests. Building up a modest bit of custom over time with a few of these guys is very valuable and can pay off in the long run, rather than always jumping around only looking for the best deals. The smaller guy might be more in cost per coin but he will respect if you request in advance for the best examples he can find. I've also found the extra cost per coin ends up largely being offset by cheaper shipping costs than the larger dealers, anyway. Especially when just buying the 3 or 4 coins. A one-man dealer will usually charge anywhere from €10 to €12 shipping. GS.be €18, Aurinum & STG €22, SilberCorner €30+.

These are cheaper rounds. the premium reflects the quality. We have several tubes of this coin (Not purchased from the same company), many are like this. It's almost like machine oil/ lubricant is getting stuck in the ridges. 

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

These are cheaper rounds. the premium reflects the quality. We have several tubes of this coin (Not purchased from the same company), many are like this. It's almost like machine oil/ lubricant is getting stuck in the ridges. 

True. That's exactly what it looks like! Ah yeah... 

Bullion coins are mass produced to be sold at the lowest prices so mints manufacturing them and dealers selling them are not going to inspect every coin. You always run a risk of getting less than perfect coins, coins with scuffs, dings and marks. At the end of the day just be glad the coin contains the correct weight in silver. Mints that take more pride in quality will generally provide a better coin but at a higher price. 

On 4/26/2017 at 10:54, sixgun said:

Simple answer. Don't buy off goldsilver.be.

A company can pitch slightly lower prices if their customer returns = zero. This is the risk you take. 
They have clearly shown their hand. Buyer beware.

i had some questions about the courier they used. i got my delivery fine. i did, however, find they were defensive to slight aggressive in their responses. You could put that down to language differences. i suspect it isn't that. They are likely running on lower margins so problems bite harder into their margins, so they ignore problems.

I've exchanged a few emails with Eva from GS.be and I find her somewhat rude and dismissive.  All I was asking was for product info that apparently wasn't displayed on their website FFS!

Sheeeesh

I'll still order from them though.

11 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Better deals to be had on these

Screenshot 2017-04-29 22.50.33.png

Price comparison is really only valid on the same day or when spot is exactly the same today as when it was ordered.  Goldsilver's price is now €18.18 since the drop in spot.  Additionally, the OP is from Belgium so postage for him, I assume would have been less than the rate we pay for international postage.

However, for the rest of us, gold-silber-muenzen-shop only charges €9.95 for postage on orders upto €500 so for a few coins where the price difference is less than the postage difference, then it is a cheaper option.  I think goldsilver's postage starts at €18 so in the case of the Owl, if one was to order less than 16 pcs then it would be cheaper from gold-silber-muenzen-shop with the current price difference of €0.5/coin.

owl.jpg

I'm very sure that you are covered by EU law and they have to either replace or refund your money if you are not happy with this of any other product. You have 14 days to say you are not happy and if they don't care they are braking said law.

I used gold silver.de for the first time for a pretty big order.  I was a bit concerned reading that they use Yodel as our local driver is completely useless.  He usually dumps people's packages in the doorway to our apartment rather than walk up two flights of stairs and knock on a door. Luckily I live in a nice area but you never know with the amount of people that deliver leaflets all day long. He left £100 worth of PS4 games in the front door and forged the signing device saying I'd received them so £650 of silver was worrying, thankfully it was a different driver.

Back to the good stuff, the silver was packaged really well.  It's all bullion but it is in great condition and the savings are noticeable it paid for a Britannia anniversary as an extra treat.

I just made an order from them that includes a few owls, but I did so with the expectation of cheap bullion in mind. If they show up shiny and flawless, all the better!

Still, I hope at least one of my Britannia coins is BU.

Are bullion coins exempt from EU Consumer Contracts Regulations for distance selling? That law says faulty items or anything not-as-described, even if caused in transit, is the seller's responsibility. It even says couriers can't be blamed because the seller chose the courier (not entirely fair on the seller, imo. But they can file a claim of their own.). The seller must pay the return postage and refund your original postage fee too (unless you picked express delivery choices).

It does say anything that is tailor-made, personalised, digital, downloaded or perishable isn't covered by the law. Poured bullion is probably considered tailored. Hand-stamped bullion almost certainly is. But these machined coins are probably within the regs.

Source: http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

I am sure there is a thread elsewhere in the forum where it clarifies that precious metal bullion is exempt from distance selling regs as considered financial products. Makes sense really, customer buys x amount of bullion, price tanks in a matter of days and he then thinks he will recoup his loses and return to the vendor. Not going to happen.

i had an agreement for a return of a few ounces of gold to a bullion company which they really didn't  need to do, I was a good customer to this company and they went the extra mile. Even in these circumstances they imposed a tight deadline, two days I think, for me to return the goods for a refund. This is obviously to limit the volitilty of spot price. (I didn't bother returning the goods in the end)

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Archived