• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2015 (new design) proof sovereign box

19 minutes ago, Silverhunter said:

would it not be better to destroy the Certs. as any potential buyer could use them to try and deceive any future buyers of their coins boxs are really nice sure they would sell

In an ideal world the COA should be linked/tied to the coin in some way but difficult to see how it could be done. In the real world these things have a tangible value. In the future, it will be possible to buy the coins from broken sets and marry them with cases such as these. As cases go, these are very nice.

edit: are these all 2015? from the title I assumed they were 2017

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

i have some proofs without a box or COA but they are obvious proofs. They come from broken up sets. If and when i find a box and COA i will grab them. 

Some people might call that dishonest but the coins are proofs. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

45 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i have some proofs without a box or COA but they are obvious proofs. They come from broken up sets. If and when i find a box and COA i will grab them. 

Some people might call that dishonest but the coins are proofs. 

It's only dishonest / boarder line fraudulent if you then sell them stating that said coin is the one issued with that cert number yes

3 hours ago, Silverhunter said:

It's only dishonest / boarder line fraudulent if you then sell them stating that said coin is the one issued with that cert number yes

But how do you know the coin you buy from ANYWHERE has the correct cert with it? I'm sure the RM dont care which cert is given to which coin.

I do not think it makes much of a difference if you match a 2015 proof sov with the 2015 proof sov certificate.  As long as the cert is for the same coin - there really is no way for anyone to know if the cert actually matches that specific coin as sold by the mint.

Also - third party graders like pcgs or ngc will never put a cert number on a graded coin label. (For example if the cert # is 69, they will never say coin 69.). 

In the USA it is common for collectors who buy graded coins to also get the box and certificate to match.  (Graded coins and boxes are usually sold seperately to squeeze every last dime out of the collector)

• 3 months later...

This is a question that will never be resolved.
When you buy a new boxed proof coin with a numbered certificate are you buying a mass produced coin and a serialised printed certificate.
There is ( I am guessing ) absolutely no association between any specific coin and the certificate that is placed in the box.
I assume the packer takes a coin from a tray and a certificate from another tray.
If I am wrong please correct as I cannot imagine the coins are arranged in the exact order of minting so the first coin which should be given CoA 00001 might be given CoA 00050 assuming there are 50 coins in a tray for packing, likewise the 50th coin minted might get the number 00001 ?? The exception MAY (?) be when there is a very limited release say 300 coins in a much higher value coin with stringent QC.

Archived