• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

personal metal finding

diwiwi

I have detected a lot in the past, the beach can be fairly lucrative in the summer and have found all the cts of gold jewellery plus a lot of coins - but with time invested and parking costs it will only ever be a hobby, lost interest eventually but would love to detect some fields. unfortunately getting permission is very hard as many already have someone/clubs that does their land. clubs will even pay per person to secure land. 

My brother bought a metal detector. He thought he might find lost jewellery and coins at the beach in Spain. He found a few cents - a very very few cents and lots and lots.........................and lots of silver paper [the aluminium kind]. He found it very disappointing.

He recently sold the detector and thankfully at a profit.

i love watching the metal detecting videos. i think only a tiny percentage make anything after costs. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I used my metal detector to find about 20 old screws that were hidden everywhere on my pea-shingle drive after a kitchen replacement.
That probably saved my car tyres which cost £200 each.

That in itself paid for the detector.

I did pick up a screw on the M4 a few weeks ago and I had to replace a tyre with only 10% wear.

My uncle is very active around here with his metal detector. 
Mostly looking in the farmer fields.
He already find a lot of WWII items, also made the local papers with all the things he found. 
He found some rare items but never in good enough shape to make some big money i think. 

It's a hobby I would guess rather than a money making venture

A fun hobby though, I imagine it's a real buzz if you're lucky enough to find 

Like in this video where someone gets a 1821 sov, he does say it's only his second gold coin in 30 years though 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Archived