• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How long have we all been stacking/collecting?

jayboat

How long have you been stacking?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been stacking PM's?

• under 6 months
    • under 1 year
    • over 1 year
    • over 2 years
    • over 3 years
    • over 5 years
    • over 10 years
    • over 20 years

38 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

What coins do you stack now then Steve :D

shield sovereigns:D

No seriously, I have a number of bullion gold sovs, fulls but mainly halves.

Silver-wise, anything that comes along really: junk, some rounds/bullion coins but mainly semi-nums.

Then there's the collectables of course!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

17 hours ago, Lea79 said:

I'm another for 3 years.  I wonder how many of us will still b stacking in say 3, 5, or ten years? Loads have gone from the forum since I started.  Great members like fluttershy and Keith oil.

I think some early member are not so active anymore

Prob still collecting tho, and may be back later

3 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

shield sovereigns:D

No seriously, I have a number of bullion gold sovs, fulls but mainly halves.

Silver-wise, anything that comes along really: junk, some rounds/bullion coins but mainly semi-nums.

Then there's the collectables of course!

In other words, everything of value. haha

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

Since summer 2014 - just bought two bullion Krugs and two Maples as a bit of wealth diversification out of having it all in stocks / shares. Then when they arrived in the mail I looked at them and realised how cool it was, and kept going.  Helped & inspired along the way buying / selling to many Forum members (most still active, but maybe some lying low or having to cope with life's other financial challenges, as we all do). A few tubes of bullion ASEs, Libertads and maples got me into silver as a GSR hedge / stack, then started on a Kookaburra date run. That was the start of it - then been trying to buy bullion gold on the dips ever since (so I still have a real mental block at spending over £1000 / ounce).  

I started about 5 years ago I reckon. For me it was that I had finally found a way to save money. I am utterly terrible at saving, and if I have easy access to money it just goes.

With silver and gold it has made it much easier for me to save. If I want to sell any it can't be done instantly, and gives me the opportunity to rethink my decision. I am small time compared to many I am sure, but have managed to put away a 5 figure sum in gold and silver.

It's also a hobby. I enjoy the different designs, and I try to buy more unusual items in gold. Finding weird stuff is interesting to me. Got one of these on the way for example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARMENIA-5000-DRAM-GOLD-COIN-BUNC-2016-Vardan-Mamikonian-/172398638390?hash=item2823c27536:g:1lwAAOSw~oFXLggn

Archived